Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Ducks... What do they look like again???

Ya I hunted picacho 2 years ago... Just a bunch of idiots out there. I'm off tomorrow though and have nothig else to do so I might drive out there and check it out. Does anyone know how deep it is? Can I wade across it?

In some places you can wade it just watch for sink holes. I don,t hunt it at all anymore but have a few clients that do and they have said go during the week not as bad.. and one only hunts the evening he sets up at 330 4 pm and hunts till dark and sounds like he doing pretty good.

have fun and good luck

In flagstaff right now and seeing lots of geese and puddlers on the waters around town.

Ditto shot 8 real nice mallards north east of flagstaff. These were ducks that were on the way south, big and tasty.

Ya I hunted picacho 2 years ago... Just a bunch of idiots out there. I'm off tomorrow though and have nothig else to do so I might drive out there and check it out. Does anyone know how deep it is? Can I wade across it?

In some places you can wade it just watch for sink holes. I don,t hunt it at all anymore but have a few clients that do and they have said go during the week not as bad.. and one only hunts the evening he sets up at 330 4 pm and hunts till dark and sounds like he doing pretty good.

have fun and good luck

Thanks I went out last week and its draining fast. Went out on a Wednesday morning and it was me and 3 other guys out there shooting at birds a mile high. Had about 8 ducks come in that was all. It's better then nothing I guess.

We hit a few places around Show Low and it was the worst I have seen it in some time. Not many ducks and a few geese flying around. The NW just got hit with storms so I would guess the next month should get much better.

Anyone hit Roosevelt?