Sign in to follow this  
AZCouesManiac

My 2012 Coues buck

I had set a goal of shooting a 100' buck this year didn't do that but we had a great hunt. The first day of the hunt we saw tons of bucks some big two points that made you wanna pull the trigger but knew it was the first morning and that I still had a chance for a big one. The next morining we went back to the same ridge as the day before. Pulled out the tripods and began to glass within a couple of minutes I saw two pretty nice bucks that were locking their antlers together. We continued to watch them for a while knowing that there was a good chance a couple more buck would be running with them. Sure enough a real cool old huge two point walked out from behind the trees. We decided that he would be worth shooting although he would probably only score mid to upper 80's. We began the long stalk of the deer where we got to 350 yards about as close as we could get. We got set up and immedialely saw two of the deer bedded down but not the big two. One of the bucks that was bedded down was a pretty decent three point and was the one I ended up shooting, we waited for the huge old big bodied two point to show him self but he never did. That's when the three point stood up and my cousin said do you wanna take him, he's not bad. I knew I would be happy with him so I squeezed the trigger. Cousin says missed him! I threw another shell in real quick. The buck ran a little ways then my cousin said 430 yards. I took a deep breath found him standing broadside and let out another shot. We could hear the bullet thump him and he said he's hit and said he saw him run 30 yards and never saw him come out. So my dad and my uncle came and met up with me and my cousin and sure enough when we got down their my deer was laying right where my cousin said he would be! You can tell in one of the pictures he broke of his G2 completely when he feel. Luckly I was able to find it after searching for a while and was able to hold it on while taking some pictures.post-9264-0-82708100-1352132702_thumb.jpgpost-9264-0-42691400-1352132746_thumb.jpg

Great Buck. Like the story and what a problem to have................multiple deer to choice from! Congrats on your buck!