crotalus

Hunters looking out for Hunters

Just dropping a note to show there are still some top rate people left in this great state of ours. Yesterday, I had a maroon Dodge 4x4 truck drive up to my house and out comes a guy who proceeds to knock on my door. Wondering who it is, I answer and the gentlman says "Hi, are you Ernest?", yup I reply, "I've got something that belongs to you, thought you might want it." He pulls out my December WT tag that the USPS manages to deliver to the wrong address, they where only off by a couple of miles. Super guy, great ethic and he went over 5 miles to deliver my tag. Many, many kudos to him. First rate in my book! Not very many people left like him, present company excluded of course. :huh:

Ernest

Did you offer him a beer or two or three ?

Anybody get my tags delivered to their house? I am missing a sheep, antelope, elk, and coues tag.

I wasn't drawn, but I am still holding out that there was a mistake and somebody will be delivering my tags...

Sweet replys.... :P . Negative on the beer, he moved to fast. I did think of it after he left... to late. Oh wait I don't drink beer maybe a cool glass of iced tea or water would of been in order. Now about the other lost tags, my Bull elk and antelope tags still have not shown up yet either. ;)

"outstanding" is absolutely correct !

Ernest

I am sort of surprised he returned the tag to you too! ;)

Just plain Hard to believe unless it was for a unit like 42m or maybe it was a 2005 tag? :P

One great Guy it sounds like!

Thats awesome! I had a similar experience about 3 years ago, except I received the persons tag. If you blow air into the envelope you can see into it better and read what tag it is, and it was a Muzzeloader Bull tag! The last name was the same as mine, just one letter off and the guy lived near me, but I think it was because of the last name I received his mail. The guy is a taxidermist, so now some of you might be able to figure out who it was......Nobody was home when I drove it to his house, so I just put it in his mailbox. JIM>

Post office delivered my ELK tag to the neighbor 2 doors down... I've been wondering the last couple of days where it was??? The deer tag arrived, but I kept checking the mail box .. Turns out it was off by 2 #'s and the family delivered it . When she shook my hand I almost crushed her knuckles (oops).. ;)

If the draw wasn't already stressfull enough, you have to chase down your tag once you know (think) you've got one!! The 2006 draw has been a rollercoaster ....

Nice to see there are 'honest' folks in the world.

Doug

AzPY

My next door neighbors 7west bull tag was delivered to the neighbor across the street. Good thing they're not anti's. It's nice to have good neighbors. Don't know if there was beer involved. B)

With people like that in the world it makes me feel better about being in the field with them. Glad that you shared that with us its all about Karma. good luck to everyone who drew and to those who didnt i know u know someone who did so get out there and lend a hand.

A lot to be said and gained about being nice and doing the right thing.

Now, about the USPS, it still has one of my paychecks for $14k stuck in some unknown mailbox. Mailed back in April.

RR

A few years back I had a tag that was delivered to the wrong address about 1 mile away, just so happens that the person whom it was delivered to knew me and brought it over to my house, real nice young feller that is a CWT site member.......................thanks TINES!!!!

They delivered my archery bull tag to my house, but it had my wifes name on it :lol:

Thats pretty lucky you got your tag. Somebody forgot to put my license number on my application :lol: , so I didn't even get a tag. David