Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Bear Rugs

I have a bear hide from this year that I will be having made into a rug. What I can't decide on is open mouth vs closed and what color felt to use. Anyone have any opinions, or even better pics they could share?

I say mouth open and a dark brown felt. I have my Dad's old bear mount and that combo looks really good on the wall or on the floor.

closed mouth.... Looks much better and more natural. IMO

I asked for closed mouth on my bear rug and after waiting for 2 years I get the call to come pick it up and it's open mouth. Not too happy about that. Plus, he lost my skull that I gave him to clean and bleach.

I asked for closed mouth on my bear rug and after waiting for 2 years I get the call to come pick it up and it's open mouth. Not too happy about that. Plus, he lost my skull that I gave him to clean and bleach.

Man, that's sucks! Sorry to hear that, I hope he gave you your money back. How do you loose a skull?

Having work for marc plunkett for to close to 5 years now when we show people what closed mouth looks like they always change there mind. Go look at some taxidermists mount and decide for yourself... that's just my opinon

Plunkett does awesome work. A guy I work with just brought home his 220ish Kaibab from your shop, and boy does it look good. I have always thought open mouth was my preference but now I am not sure. Antmo you got any pics?

I can email them, my iPad doesn't work for pics...

I think we went to the same taxidermist. I went through that exam same situation. Took two years, lost my skull, wrong colored felt and most importantly open mouthed.