Sign in to follow this  
Apatkelley

Leica 7x42 Trinovid Binoculars

I'm looking at a new Zeiss rifle scope and need to sell one of my Leica binoculars to fund the purchase. These are the olive green 7x42 Trinovids and are in excellent shape. They come with the factory strap and rainguard. They also have Eagle Optic objective covers that fit and work real well. $650.00 shipped. I wouldn't think of selling them if I didn't have another pair in 10x42. I know the pictures aren't all that good, so I'll be happy to answer any questions you have by PM or just call me at 208-206-3463. Aaron

post-1922-0-92181900-1354004191_thumb.jpg

post-1922-0-28143800-1354004368_thumb.jpg

post-1922-0-09131100-1354004489_thumb.jpg

This is a great price! I have looked through these, and they are perfect. I just sold a similar pair on ebay for $675, so it's a heck of a deal. Comon people, support your local CW.com members!!!!

• Like 1

Price too high, or power too low? If it's the latter, here are a few good reasons to consider owning a high quality, lower power pair of binoculars:

• Greater field of view. This helps when glassing a distant hillside because you may catch movement you wouldn't with a lesser FOV. I know the idea is to locate all animals on a given section of the hill, but there is something to be said for seeing more of the hill at once. I hunt alone alot, but when I hunt with others, we have a general rule that the person who spots the animal first gets to call the shots. In many cases, I find the deer first because with the greater field of view the odds are in my favor, because I'm seeing more of the hill at once. This really comes into play when you top a ridge. If for some reason the deer wind you, hear you or spot you, they head out. Sometimes they blast out, but other times they just sneak out. Either way, it's a goot thing to be seeing more hill than less. This is even more true in the early morning and late evening hours when deer are most active. As I reflect on my years of glassing with many top end binos, including Zeiss 10x40B Swarovski 10x42 and 10X50 SLC's, Leica 8X32, 7x42, 8X42, and 10X42 Trinovids, I would have to say that some of my best years were when I was using Leica 8X32's. I really think I did so well with them because the fantastic FOV.
  • Large exit pupil for low light glassing both morning and evening. (7X42)
  • Ease of glassing with or without tripod.
  • More magnification helps in many cases, but I've found I can locate most deer others see with 8's or 10's and the fact remains you still have to pack a spotter to really evaluate an animal at long range. I happen to use a Nikon Fieldscope 3 ED straight body with a 15-45 eyepiece because it's really sharp and small enough to pack with all my other crap.

Please keep in mind I'm not discounting how valuable high power binoculars can be, I've used them lots and really enjoy them too. I just wanted to point out a few reasons I've really learned to like using high quality glass in the lower magnification ranges. I'd like to sell these so I can fund my new scope, but I'd actually be better off keeping them and save up the money little by little to buy my new scope. A great scope in very important, but great quality binos are a must. I just think that with the new rave over the high magnification glass, the good points of the 7's and 8's are easy to forget. There, now I'm done :blink:

Aaron

I'd keep them rather than giving them away like you are.

• Like 1

Is there any way to put an outdoorsmans tripod stud on these? I use my 6.5x vortex a lot when I have me tripod set up, woldn't mind upgrading, but need something that I can put a stud on. Any thoughts?

Not sure where or who would still make them. I have a Velcro mount for no studed binoculars. I use it with 1040 zeiss classics. Have used them for a number of years and actually like them as well as the Swaro mount.

A google search found this one http://store.coueswhitetail.com/velcro-binocular-adapter/ go figure the coues whitetail store...

Is there any way to put an outdoorsmans tripod stud on these? I use my 6.5x vortex a lot when I have me tripod set up, woldn't mind upgrading, but need something that I can put a stud on. Any thoughts?

Yotebuster, The Outdoorsman does have a stud for the Trinovid's. I looked it up and it looks like the curent cost is just under $30.00. If you call them, they can walk you through the quick process of mounting it to the binocular. If you'd like, you can PM me and I'll let you know what adaptor I've been using.

if I didn't have other plans for my play money I'd snatch these up, I carry 8x32's around my neck and 15's in the pack. The low power glass is great for checking that first 1/2 mile when you set up to glass, then use the 15's for long distance and every so often get off the 15's and check close around you. Hard to beat low powers when you are doing spot and stalk or still hunting, good glass lets you see through the bushes and pick up movement behind it.

I have the outdoorsman stud to fit the trinovids and I don't have the trinovids anymore

Yotebuster, The Outdoorsman does have a stud for the Trinovid's. I looked it up and it looks like the curent cost is just under $30.00. If you call them, they can walk you through the quick process of mounting it to the binocular. If you'd like, you can PM me and I'll let you know what adaptor I've been using.

Is it an actual stud that goes into the hinge or is it that janky ring mount thing that goes around an ocular? I know my buddy had his EL swaros threaded by outdoorsmans and added a real stud, if that were the case with these, I'd be on them like a fat girl on a brownie pan.

I have the outdoorsman stud to fit the trinovids and I don't have the trinovids anymore

Is it an actual stud that goes into the hinge or is it that janky ring mount thing that goes around an ocular? I know my buddy had his EL swaros threaded by outdoorsmans and added a real stud, if that were the case with these, I'd be on them like a fat girl on a brownie pan.

They make a stud that mounts to the center hinge. Check it out at http://outdoorsmans.com/ Once you're at there home page, select store, then on the left under products, select accessories for Outdoorsmans tripods. Then, look for the stud for Leica Trinovids. If you contact them, they will let you know what you need to do to install the stud to the front of the hinge. Call them at 608-944-7121 and they can walk you through the process.