Sign in to follow this  
112coues

what makes you a coues fanatic

What makes me a coues fanatic?

Coues deer is more than a passion, more than a great adventure; coues deer hunting is a way of life! Why? Because of the challenges these smart and practically invisible animals will throw at you during a hunt. The way they dissapear before your eyes. How they go behind a small bush or tree and you never see them again. Or if you do...how did they got out of that bush or tree with you seeing them? How can they walk...only af few yards from you and not make a single noise? Do you have the answer to this questions? That and more is what keeps draging you or pulling you deeper into conquer these little gracious animals but at the same time it awakes on you a passion...an obsession.... and there fore.....now you find your self trying to learn more about them, now you find your self trying to be a better hunter. Now you learn to shoot further then 300 yards, 400 how about 500? can I make to 550?

If they can dissapear before your eyes right there infront of you..now you find your self purchasing a good tripod, good binoculars and learning how to use them.

Now that passion developing on you, is asking for you to challenge your self a little more..you must conquer not only the hills but all the challenges this coues deer hunt will throw at you...you must give that extra effort; you must be more ambicious to be succesful.

Now you find your self thinking a lot about coues.....dreaming a bout coues...or having sleeplees nights becuase of the coues....you cant wait for your hunt...yout eat, drink and talk ony about coues....

When you experience all that, and when you notice the difference bettwen the body size in your scope of a mule deer vs the one of a coues deer at 300 or more yards, and when you experience the difference of how challenging is to find a mule deer vs a coues deer and.....well...it is something hard to explain but I think you get the idea...

If you haven't experience all that...and a lot more...like some of the previous comments from fellow cwt members.....then you are not a true coues hunter...and maybe...coues deer hunting is not for you.

Ernesto C :)

I swear that Ernesto has 10X natural vision. Put that behind a pair of 15's and all his knowledge/passion and no CWT goes undetected. I have been hunting Coues for 23 years and can't hold a candle to him. Watching him handling some sheds it's like he is some sort of Witch Doctor communing with the dead.