Sign in to follow this  
GJMauro12

5A/5B BUFFALO

My brother got a call friday to see if he wanted to buy a supplemental buffalo tag for 5A/5B because they had a few bulls that get loose from the ranch and they were having a hard time herding back in. We took the tag and hunted Saturday and Sunday. We glassed up 5 bulls but when we called the ranger and let him know where the bulls were it turned out we were glassing onto the ranch. Figures it couldn't be that easy. Just wondering if anyone has been in the area and may have ran into them. We have till Dec. 23 to fill the tag and will be heading back up Tuesday or Wednesday. I know they put out a couple tags a couple months ago that I hear were successful if anyone knows about that. Any info would be appreciated. We heard they were last seen in the Chavez area about a week ago.

My Friend assisted his CHAMP hunter buddy back in Nov. It was a tough hunt for them. The buffalo kept leaving the ranch. I heard G&F had the lead cow taken out to try and keep the herd from leaving. Anyways, he finally shot his on the last day of the hunt. Good luck on the hunt!

I got this same tag several years back, and the game and fish guy guided me right to the troublesome bulls. I ended up killing what was at the time the #4 buffalo in the state. great tag...

No luck! we hunted hard for 6 of the 9 days we had and i'll hold my tongue and just say we kind of wish we didn't take the tag. Had a pretty good time tho. Glassed up a ton of elk, antelope, seen a couple good bucks and missed a few coyotes but that is about it.

• Like 1