Red Rabbit

2013 Resolutions ?

We survived the Mayan ending :rolleyes: so another year is ahead of us.

What are your resolutions for the new year as they pertain to the outdoors?

In July, I want to backpack up into the San Juans of Colorado, so I will need to get my legs and lungs in shape.

If the gf draws an elk tag, I will be scouting HARD for that hunt. Also, I want to focus on either taking a bear or mountain lion this year.

Leftover deer tag again (want to draw a 13B tag once in my life) so will be spending a lot of time in that unit again. I think some friends are planning on coming down next year so camp should be more entertaining than just myself talking to my shadow on the mountain.

Other goals, doing the Grand Canyon in March...more backpacking trips and helping out some others on their hunts next fall and this spring...

Oh yeah, almost forgot, need to matriculate from the graduate school!

Redrabbit,

Is your trip going to be a photography outing? Any fishing? The San Juans are somewhere I have always wanted to go!

Mine is not complicated;

*Work Less

*Hunt More

*Win the Championship instead of being the fastest loser 2 years in a row

I ain't askin' for much.

Mine is to harvest any deer with my new bow. And my wife's is for me to stop chewing. I think giving up tobacco is going to be harder than arrowing a buck

Redrabbit,

Is your trip going to be a photography outing? Any fishing? The San Juans are somewhere I have always wanted to go!

The hikes will be for photographing the alpine flowers. I hope there is a good snowpack this winter, as last year's led to a poor bloom. I should throw the flyfishing gear in the truck this year also.

Have a great canyon hike. I think that is the best way to see it. What trails are you hiking?

Redrabbit,

The hikes will be for photographing the alpine flowers. I hope there is a good snowpack this winter, as last year's led to a poor bloom. I should throw the flyfishing gear in the truck this year also.

Have a great canyon hike. I think that is the best way to see it. What trails are you hiking?

We are planning on the Hermit down, Tonto on the Bottom, and then Bright Angel up to the lodge. Should be a good time with good friends.