Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Baiting Javelina

Quick question. I keep hearing conflicting answers & GFD is a little confusing. Once and for all.... can you bait Javelina? Never have before but I'm hunting a metro archery unit and it could be helpful. As always any info is much appreciated. Happy Hunting & Happy New Year!

• Like 1

I have never seen a need to bait javelina but to answer your guestion the answer is yes you can. Not for much longer I'm afraid.

TJ

• Like 1

G&F will vote on this Friday. Make time to go and speak your concerns. This may be your 1st and last opportunity to try to bait for your urban pig.

The vote is this Friday!!!

Please resend all Commissioners emails again stating you are against the rule making change!

Can anybody make the meeting to voice your concern? This will be your last chance before the vote.

Thank you for your interest in the Department’s rulemaking process.

The draft final rulemaking will be presented to the Commission this Friday, January 11.

The Article 3 rulemaking is item #9 on the agenda, but please don’t ask me to specify a time as I don’t know how long it will take for the Commission to consider each agenda item.

Thank you, again and make it a great day.

• Like 1

Great! Thanks guys. I'll certainly send email to the commision for the vote Friday BowHunter4Life. and TJHunt2 I've never baited anything but where I'm hunting is a very small pocket and it's surounded by areas I can't hunt and fenced so I thought I'd try something to keep them coming into my legal kill zone. I may not even try baiting just wanted the facts. Thanks again all!

I'm also gonna try to make the meeting Friday if possible.

If you need to go to a closer office, you still can voice your concerns!

Thank you for your message.

The Phoenix office meeting room is not set up to allow persons to participate in a meeting via telephone or e-mail from their own home/business for a number of reasons.

However, it is not necessary for a person to go to the Phoenix office to attend/participate in a Commission meeting.

Commission meetings are also broadcasted at the five Regional offices (in Pinetop, Flagstaff, Kingman, Yuma, and Mesa); each Regional office has the ability to transmit electronic blue slips to the Phoenix office and allow attendees to speak to the Commission via an office telephone/intercom.

In addition, for those persons who want to view the meeting, but are not interested in speaking to the Commission may view the Commission meeting via webcast by accessing the following link:

http://www.azgfd.gov/inside_azgfd/CommissionCam.shtml