Sign in to follow this  
bmf1321

map of 30b

I just found out that I drew a leftover 30b tag. From what I have read on the Gf website access is limited and the deer herd is small in size. Im actually pretty excited about the challenge. I plan on hiking/horsebacking into a remote area once I find one with access. Hopefully this will get me away from the crowds. Has anyone hunted this unit? Are there a lot of hunters in the mule mnt. area or do they typically hunt the dragoons? Any one know where to get a good topo map of the unit? Thanks in advance.

brett

You may want to try World of Maps in Mesa. On Southern between Dobson & Alma School right across from MCC. They have maps for most of the hunt units, as well as just about everywhere else. It's worth a shot.

Call game and fish in Tucson. They sell a map for 30b (one fo the few maps they actually sell).

Redman2002

national geographic software program that I use has a map of every corner of every unit. works great with my gps also. you can buy it at popular or sportsmans for like $100 or so. very handy.

I've foind that the BEST way to get a map is at a website called topozone.com. You define the area the map covers and for $10 you get a first class map on waterproof paper delivered to your door. With the price of gas it can cost you more to drive to the store!! Longshot :rolleyes: