Sign in to follow this  
Polaris550

Little over 2 months....

Little more than 2 months and I will be headed to New Mexico for my annual bird slaughter. Who else is ready to go? I am so pumped and look forward to the echoing of the "GOBBLE" thru the canyons.

I'm headed to San Carlos at the end of April with a group of friends. Can't wait, hunted there for the first time last year and we bagged three huge gobblers!

Love to hear that gobble-gobble!

Don Martin

Finally someone responds/shares my excitement. Never done San Carlos. I've always went to New Mexico. Gunna have to try it out one year. Good luck to you

A warm day in the high country and birds start thinking. Still a ways to go and more than likely more snow to go with it.

That's awesome. I'm hoping for more snow. For some reason it seems to help us out during April. The greener the better I feel.

I'll be chasing those bearded bastards at 12A first week of May, after a 10 year hiatus.

I am so ready it ain't funny. Out of boredom I've been practicing my calls in the house for the last 10 days or so. I'm affraid my son who just turned 9 months old will start to yelp and gobble before he starts talking.

Anybody going to the Turkey Seminar at the BassProShops on the 20th ?

Yeah I've been hammering the call as well non stop. Wife wants to kill me every morning. I then practice on way to and from work everyday so she doesn't have to hear it. It should be a really good year due to moisture up north. At least that's what I keep telling myself. As you know, those birds can make your trip the best ever, or make you break shotgun over your knee.

Excited for the archery turkey hunt too. 13 points and still can't draw that Gould's tag. Hopefully the birds will be calling in 23 when the archery hunt opens, it seems like they usually quiet down that late in the season.

I will be going to the turkey seminar at Bass Pro, should be informative. Jay Scott can really call in the toms in the extreme turkey videos.