Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

Arizona Game and Fish officer under investigation

Just thought you all would like to see this. I have had some pretty intense arguments in the past about the AZGFD with some of you game and fish worshipers so figured this would fuel the fire a little ;) haha I love it!

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/20130130arizona-game-fish-official-under-investigation.html?nclick_check=1

Really? There is noting in this article that says anything about what he did or didn't do. Your going to start one of those threads that does no good for this website or the men and women that do work for the game and fish. If your going to bash someone or some group on false or non existent information, take it to another website.

• Like 4

Really? There is noting in this article that says anything about what he did or didn't do. Your going to start one of those threads that does no good for this website or the men and women that do work for the game and fish. If your going to bash someone or some group on false or non existent information, take it to another website.

Shedhunteraz,

Bash for false information? I dont think the AZ DPS would start a criminal investigation due to false or nonExistent information. Our DPS are hard working folks and deserve a little more respect. Let see what this criminal investigation unturns...

• Like 3

Don't like Game & Fish? Maybe some of you would prefer a different philosophy for managing the state's wildlife. There's a segment of the public that would love to re-shape wildlife management in Arizona, and they're much larger and better funded than those of you who spend your time bitchin' about surveys and rules and cheering when the department is involved in a controversy. Here's another point of view. Like this one better? http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/bad-habitat/Content?oid=3632279

• Like 1

Shedhunteraz,

Bash for false information? I dont think the AZ DPS would start a criminal investigation due to false or nonExistent information. Our DPS are hard working folks and deserve a little more respect. Let see what this criminal investigation unturns...

Did i misread the article or did it state that AZGFD officials initiated the investigation because they felt there might be reason for concern. IMO DPS was brought in as an outisde agency to do the investigation so there would be no internal bias, DPS will either find something wrong or they wont

• Like 3

Don't like Game & Fish? Maybe some of you would prefer a different philosophy for managing the state's wildlife. There's a segment of the public that would love to re-shape wildlife management in Arizona, and they're much larger and better funded than those of you who spend your time bitchin' about surveys and rules and cheering when the department is involved in a controversy. Here's another point of view. Like this one better? http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/bad-habitat/Content?oid=3632279

Yes, I would prefer a different philosophy for managing the states wildlife! And yes there is a large segment of hunters here in AZ that would love to reshape wildlife management in AZ. We have a out of touch commission that would rather text and joke amongst them selves while hunters who took time off of work try adress them at meetings. We have a department that continues to increase tag numbers in this state without scientific data to support such tag increases. We have a department and commission that crammed a baiting law down our throat based on junk science and a made up fear of CWD. We have local game wardens with a attitude that hunters are guilty until proven innocent. We have a department that has publicly said that anyone that profits from the taking of wildlife is probably guilty of doing something illegal. We have wardens that look down on hunters and talk down to them, instead of supporting the one who pay their check. When you have commissioners and others in the department breaking the law, we hunters are tired of looking the other way. Its time for new management in this department, and time for real leadership.

So Larry, although I am not on the side of Daniel Patterson, I am ready for our Game and Fish department to move in a better direction so that there will be some thing left for my grandkids to hunt!

• Like 11

Yes, I would prefer a different philosophy for managing the states wildlife! And yes there is a large segment of hunters here in AZ that would love to reshape wildlife management in AZ. We have a out of touch commission that would rather text and joke amongst them selves while hunters who took time off of work try adress them at meetings. We have a department that continues to increase tag numbers in this state without scientific data to support such tag increases. We have a department and commission that crammed a baiting law down our throat based on junk science and a made up fear of CWD. We have local game wardens with a attitude that hunters are guilty until proven innocent. We have a department that has publicly said that anyone that profits from the taking of wildlife is probably guilty of doing something illegal. We have wardens that look down on hunters and talk down to them, instead of supporting the one who pay their check. When you have commissioners and others in the department breaking the law, we hunters are tired of looking the other way. Its time for new management in this department, and time for real leadership.

So Larry, although I am not on the side of Daniel Patterson, I am ready for our Game and Fish department to move in a better direction so that there will be some thing left for my grandkids to hunt!

I don't agree with some of your post but you just hit a Home Run. My take is G&F has such a huge operating expense (and debt) they only look at revenue. WE NEED G&F BIOLOGISTS TO COME FORWARD. Too much waste being funded with our dollars.

• Like 1

Lance, do you mean institutional changes, or just different people and decisions from our existing organizational bodies? And are you suggesting more involvement from elected officials?

Sooo...... You think their doing a GREAT job?

What a joke...you claim they think you are guilty until proven innocent...yet you are ready to pronounce guilt before an investigation has even been conducted!

Can't talk out of both sides of your mouth and still be credible.

Shedhunteraz,

Like I said above, let wait and see what the investigation turns up... Fortunately this officer will get the benefits of the American judicial system and is innocent until proven guilty. I don't think anyone on this site has said what this particular warden did, or if he was guilty of actually doing it.

Lance, do you mean institutional changes, or just different people and decisions from our existing organizational bodies? And are you suggesting more involvement from elected officials?

This is like the welfare argument, no one on welfare is going to vote for the guy who wants to end welfare. So it is the same, when the Game and Fish department relies on money from wildlife tags to keep the paychecks coming are they going to vote to reduce the tags and therefore reduce their paychecks? Heck No! So institutionally there needs to some kind of change.

And as far as personnel, there are good folks that work in the department, but when leadership is lacking the bad apples steal the show. And this commission and leadership need to be changed.

• Like 2