Sign in to follow this  
AZbowhntr

Oahu fishing charters

I know this should be in the fishing forum but considering I have never been there myself I figured I might get a better response here.

I am going to Oahu in a couple weeks for a week long vacation with several other people for a wedding. About 6 of us are going to do an all day fishing charter. My question is, has anyone ever gone on a charter over there and who did you use and how was the experience? We are looking at booking with a charter call Whipsaw. Don't know anything about them but we need to book soon so we are kind of taking a chance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I went over about 5 years ago and had these guys recommended to me by a member od another forum who lives there. We caught a Marlin in the 400 pound range and also caught a Yellow Fin that was about 135 Pounds. They keep the fish but will give you some if you want, I think about 35 pounds.

We would have stayed out longer but my buddy's daughter got seasick. Get a prescription for Scopace from your family doc. It's better than the patch and acts quicker.

They were about a half hour drive from downtown.

http://www.worldwidefishing.com/hawaii/b1660/

I would check out bloodydecks forum. lots of good fishing info on there including hawaii.