1stcoues75

December Rifle Success?

I've been waiting all season to see if any of those guys or gals who were Lucky enough to pull one of those tags could seal the deal on a giant?

I ate the tag it was a very tuff hunt.I had the late dec hunt in 2010 and passed on 95 and 100 inch deer a few times the 2012 hunt was super tuff no deer movement no rutting action at all.The biggest deer i saw was a 95 inch 4x5 that will be a giant some day but was not a shooter for this year.

i believe he is refering to the late mule deer hunts that they added for 2012. I too am curious about these hunts how were they?

Sorry to hear your late season coues hunt didn't go as planned but yes I was referring to the mule deer hunts. sorry for the confusion.

I heard the 23 hunt was very difficult to find big deer. But then again that's just rumor

I took this buck on the late 23 hunt. It was very hard....saw quite a few little bucks with does. My brother had a tag along with me & didn't even fill his tag. Biggest buck we saw other than this one was a 160ish typical 4x4.

post-2674-0-17854300-1359959451_thumb.jpg

Awesome buck ZBAR! Lots of character. I figured those hunts were going to produce considering the cold spells that hit. I'm still crossing my fingers that if and when they do a late hunt in 37b I would be lucky enough to draw that tag.

• Like 1

I do know three people that had the unit 27 late tag one shot a two point at the end of the hunt the rest had tag soup.They said there was no rutting action going on at all.There are some big mulies up there but the rut seemed to be late this year.

That is too bad I was really looking forward to seeing some of them old giants on the ground.

Thanks brian390. I usually don't look in the sponsors blogs. That big 3x3 is really impressive!

Awesome buck ZBAR! Lots of character. I figured those hunts were going to produce considering the cold spells that hit. I'm still crossing my fingers that if and when they do a late hunt in 37b I would be lucky enough to draw that tag.

I've been asking them to open a draw only archery hunt for August. Even if it was only 3-5 tags, it would be a great hunt and one I would be willing to wait on.