Sign in to follow this  
1worthlessnut

holster damage

I have a Springfield XD Tactical that is showing holster ware and would like it to look as good as it shoots. I'm looking for ideas or recommendations on a new finish or coating. I live in Gilbert and would prefer a shop on the east side. Thanks

I have had a couple of guns Cerakoted. Best test will be the .44 Redhawk I just had done, as it had holster wear big time. It is supposed to be a VERY durable finish. I use a guy named Tim Boehler in Peoria ... www.acoating.com . There is another guy I have heard some good things about ... Arizona Response Systems. He uses a different finish called Metacol. I believe he is in Surprise and is a certified refinisher for HK. I know ... I know ... not East Valley.

There are others to be sure. Lots of people like Robar's NP3 and other coatings. That is certainly a good finish.

I used phoenix precision rifles and brad uses the h series ceracoat that he bakes on and its very nice and he is in tempe off of mcclintock and apache

Take it to robar and pick what you want done to it. They are local and highly recommended.