Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Wow, What a weekend...bears and sheds!!

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Thanks for the advice, I'll give these names a try. Right now it looks like about $140 a foot, measured from head to tail. That's quite abit, considering I stretched this thing over my ladder and about took up the whole thing. I may just get it tanned and see if I kill any other animals that may be wall hanger material. I can't get enought of the coues deer, I would easily take a coues mount over most animals. Talk to you all later.

Very nice bear. I can't believe the size of his feet. I have been trying for years now to take a bear, hopefully in October I can give it a try again. I have one located, but he doesn't want to show up for the date. Get that sucker full body mounted. David

It's actually refreshing to finally see someone tipped over a stateland bear! I actually was thinking you were on the Res. with how many bears you were seeing, and all them antlers......dang....what a hunt! Thanks for the story and pic's, beautiful color phase bear, it'll look good no matter what you do with em'! Congrats, JIM>

The plan is to get this bear rugged. Anyone know of any reasonable taxidermist. I'm willing to pay for quality work but it seems that some taxidermist are getting a little carried away. I used to want a full body mount, but that was before I got married and had my first son. The bear I got last year was smaller so I just had the hide tanned. If it's to pricey for a rug, I may look at that route. Thanks

You won't find anyone that will do a better job than Rex. He does awesome work and is a great guy. His trophy room is quite amazing too. I did a half mount with a bear I took a few years back. I butchered up the hide pretty good trying to get him out. Rex did an awesome job patching things up and making it look good. At the time, a rug was I believe around 800. The half mount was 1200. I'm glad I spent the money to get it done. If you do choose Rex, feel confident in his work. He does awesome whitetail too.

Jeff

Hey now.... That is what you could call a Great Weekend.

I bet you forgot to buy a lottery ticket!

Congrats

It looks like you had an awesome trip!! Those are some nice sheds and that is a really nice bear. If you can find the food sources this year the bears really seem to be concentrated. I saw 4 over the weekend in a set of canyons that had good acorns, and my brother spent another two days there and ended up seeing 12 in 4 days of hunting. We helped a friend get one of them, and my uncle nearly got a shot at a real nice one but he disappeared into the oaks. Congratulations.