Sign in to follow this  
rageinthesage

Same bull?

I was looking through some of Jim's "Coosefan"posts and found this photo of a bull his client killed and I'm pretty sure I have the sheds off the bull. Between me and two other buddies we have picked up every year of sheds off this bull dating back to '06. I need Jim's confirmation though, I'm almost positive ..Unfortunately I don't have pix of all the years we have off him but I will post what I have.The second pic are the '08 matched set off the bull, the third pic is a '10 and a '11 fresh single that a buddy and I found on the same day about six miles apart, the bull definitely wintered in the same general area every year and was never under 370" as a mature bull but never broke the 380 mark, so we dubbed him the big little bull for this reason. The antlers themselves are huge but always lacked mass and eye guards, 56" beams and 23" royals. This bull liked to shed one antler and than shed the other always over a mile away, the bull was always on the move, a few of his horns are either still out there or in someone else's garage. Hopefully Jim has some velvet pix of him.I know it is hard to tell because they are so broke up and he lost the small seventh point on the one side, but these are the last sheds off the bull before Jim's client killed him, just found yesterday. Here are the two sets together.

post-2501-0-94152100-1361476640.jpg

post-2501-0-51453600-1361476744_thumb.jpg

post-2501-0-64467600-1361476858_thumb.jpg

post-2501-0-00674700-1364143283_thumb.jpg

post-2501-0-63963800-1364259611_thumb.jpg

Interesting details you have shared about the sheds of this bull. A few years back I found one side of a 400 class bull and then spent over 20 trips the next two years looking for the match......unsuccessfully. Had an antler buyer tell me that even the 400 class bulls will shed a mile or so apart some times which really surprised me. What has been the experience of some of you with respect to finding the bigger sheds.....either close together or far apart?

Shed hunting is always a mystery. Some time on top of each other and sometimes the other side doesn't exist. Looks like the same bull to me. Awesome bull and to top it off great pair of sheds!

Hey Nick, you and I were thinking of 2 different bulls. That's not the bull I thought you had sheds from but I see the strong resemblance. I thought the sheds you had in the picture were older than 2010, so it's definitely not the bull I was thinking it was. They very well could be the same bull! That wasn't a bull I had been following or had named so I don't know for sure if I have his pics, but I would assume I do and saved his pics on my laptop. I'll go back thru my "Big No Names" folder from 2010 and see if I can find him. JIM>

I'm not sure the sheds match the bull that was killed in the picture. Their whale tails are different. The bull killed has his 5th and 6th at more of a closed angle. Almost at a 90 degree angle to each other. The sheds in the picture the 5th and sixth are a more open angle like 150 degrees. I would agree that both pics of sheds are the same though.

A buddy of mine just found the last year of sheds of Jim's clients bull yesterday, to bad he is all busted up...Can't wait to get them all lined up next to each other.

I posted the pic of the two sets together.