Sign in to follow this  
Kevin

Southeast units

I'll be down in the Southeast units (29, 30) for a few days this weekend and early next week and was just curious if any of the rest of you CWT members would be bowhunting down there. If so and you run across a two tone brown crew cab Ford with NM tags stop by and say hello!

Kevin

Hey Scott, Josh David here! You heading out this weekend? And did you get that email about your son's unit 1 elk tag? ----sorry to hijack----

I'm goin scouting somewhere this weekend but I still don't know where yet. Here's a little advice if you ever plan on booking a guided hunt somewhere, book early. That way your guide has enough time to scout your hunt. While I was typing this I just got a phone call from my good buddy Matt Mullins. I'm going to 22n this weekend to scout an early bull hunt!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Scott, I'm going to give it a whirl. Let me know if you need any scouting info for your boys 34 hunt over here. I've got a couple of buddies that will be bowhunting it for the next 3 weeks. I hope that kids luck continues through his hunts this fall, talk about some primo tags! WOW!

Kevin

Hey Josh, yes I did and I had forgotten all about it. Let me dig through my emails and I'll get back to you.

Kevin thanks for the offer. We'll be camped outside of Sacramento and hunting from there. I would appreciate any info your buddies come up with. Thank you. Maybe we'll stop by Las Cruces on our way out and show you the bull.

I'm heading out this weekend. I cannot wait to get out of the city and sit up in the hills ALONE!! Man that outta be a good feeling. Heck, I'm even gettin' my wife out with me. I feel my feet gettin' cold. heck must be icing up; real close to freezin' over. j/k.

We want to check our endurance in the hills, set out some salt, and enjoy the beautiful greenery. I went out two weekends ago and absolutely could not believe how much water and grass were in the vicinity. Even had to take out a couple jackrabbits and rattlers. Don't particularly care for the rattlers. Anyway's, huntin' seasons gettin' pretty close. I can feel it in my bones. Good luck to anyone goin' out with a bow.

Jeff

I'll be down in 30A this weekend so I will keep my eyes open for your rig. I will be driving my white f-250 fourdoor pulling the quads. I've got the sticker on both the truck and the trailer so you won't miss me.

Phil

I will be down in unit 29 this weekend, can't wait! Leaving tomorrow morning. Will be in a white dodge with the CWT.com sticker on the back window. Good Luck and Stay Safe.

Well, those of you that hunted this past weekend, have you had enough rain for a day or two? My hunting buddy missed a small buck opening morning and I failed to get close enough for a decent shot with my stick. Then it rained for the rest of our trip so we scouted some new areas, visited and shot a couple limits of dove in the desert. Had a great time! I hope you all were as successful.

Kevin

Spent two very, very wet and muddy days down in 29. Saw lots of deer and a couple of decent bucks but didn't get a chance to fling any arrows. Headed to 27 this weekend to hopefully locate a couple of bulls again. Good luck and good hunting.