jamaro

Any body chasing elk this weekend?

Yea!! Ill be helping my Cousin out on his unit 23 Bull Hunt. Been Watchn some realy nice bulls.

Hopefully we'll have some pic to post!!

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

I'll be chasing the bulls around 16A. Watched a couple decent bulls bugling this morning. One of the bulls was covered in mud from head to toe. These bulls both had potential but they both had extremely small back ends. Hope to find one put together a little better than these bulls. Good luck to all.

TAM and I were able to get out 2 weekends ago. We watched a couple of homosexual 5*5 bulls, saw a huge cinnomon phase bear, and saw around 100 cows w/ a few small bulls mixed in. Everything was as green as I've ever seen w/ a few roads closed from the rain. I'm thinking the rut should be great this year!!!

My brother and I spent the weekend on the mountain, where i was lucky enough to connect on my first archery elk. The shot was about 50 yards on a nice 4 by 4 bull. We will be back out this weekend to try and get another on the ground. Good luck to all with time remaining and to those with upcoming tags.

My brother and I spent the weekend on the mountain, where i was lucky enough to connect on my first archery elk. The shot was about 50 yards on a nice 4 by 4 bull. We will be back out this weekend to try and get another on the ground. Good luck to all with time remaining and to those with upcoming tags.

congrats on your first bull, that's awesome! ;)

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Congrats on your first. When everytime doesn't feel like the first time, find a new challenge. I've killed several bulls and was chasing this weekend and man is this stuff fun. Reminds me of all the blown stalks I used to have. Did you see and bulls with big back ends? I bet I've seen 40 bulls since the hunt started and the bigger bulls have very weak back ends. Savor the moment, and congrats again. How bout posting a pic.

Couesaddict we didn't see anything with big back ends just small to average bulls so far, but the rut is still a little weak this early.

Right on little brother I like the picture. To all you fellas that have a tag you've got to post some pictures. i hope to get a bull on the ground and share it with you boys. Treestandman good luck on that 17 archery hunt.