Guys, is there any way to get an over the counter cow tag or landowner tag at reasonable price? I dont know much about NM and even if a rag horn tag is not huge price, I want to put some meat in the freezer and have zero AZ tags. Any help/info would be appreciated.........Allen...........www.environmentalfiltration@msn.com......602-454-2146..........

Allen,

You might try the white mtn reservation. I don't know what their cow tags cost currently, but might be worth a call. I think the San Carlos cow tags go for like $600 but I think they are sold out.

Amanda

Hey Allen, I have a couple tags that I'm trying to sell for a guy in CA. He bought them from us for $4,500.00 each, and then decided he can't go! He is unfortunately gonna have to "eat" the tags if they don't get sold. I have been trying to sell them for him and have posted the sale on Garth Carters site, but no takers yet. I bet these two tags could be bought for a great price real close to the hunt (OCT. 15th) if they don't sell before then. They are Muzzy Bull tags in the rut, in Unit 15. We will be there at that time also so there would be free help and a place to camp for anyone that buys these tags. I will let you know how much the price drops, closer to the hunt. JIM>

Thanks Jim, keep me posted. Amanda, I called both White Mountains and the San Carlos and neither res had any tags left so thats why I am looking elsewhere. Thanks for those who have responded, any other ideas are appreciated........Allen.......

Thanks Jim, keep me posted. Amanda, I called both White Mountains and the San Carlos and neither res had any tags left so thats why I am looking elsewhere. Thanks for those who have responded, any other ideas are appreciated........Allen.......

Colorado has over the counter cow tags and they are at a pretty good price. I would check with them and see what they have to offer.

just be sure that you shoot a cow elk and not a moo moo cow...lol...a guy in oregon did that a couple years back. He got himself a cow tag and ended up shooting a moo moo and had it field dressed in the back of his car, which by the way was stuck in a snow storm...

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

I can check with a gal in our front office. She had a cow tag two weeks ago. My friend from Arkansas was not able to come down this year so it may still be available. The tag will be between $350-$400. It's a ranch only tag in unit 15 but they do have elk out there. It's not one of those 90 acre ranch only tags. Its good country and lots of it. I'll check. I also work with another fellow that owns a ranch in 12. He may have some available. What are you willing to spend.

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

I did some checking and I know of at least three cow tags for NM. $400 for the tags. These hunts can take place around the beginning of December. It's on a ranch in Unit 15, with lots of elk out there. Let me know.

Guys, is there any way to get an over the counter cow tag or landowner tag at reasonable price? I dont know much about NM and even if a rag horn tag is not huge price, I want to put some meat in the freezer and have zero AZ tags. Any help/info would be appreciated.........Allen...........www.environmentalfiltration@msn.com......602-454-2146..........

B)

Colorado has OTC tags for cows and elk they have many seasons. Need to have hunter safety.

Check Ebay also, I've seen hunts for sale.

Redman

The new mexico tag situation would be best since we live in Mesa, AZ. It would be less of a drive. Let me know who to call to buy one of these........Thanks again, Allen Taylor.......

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Anyone interested in cow tags, send me a pm and I'll let you know who and how to get tags. I'll be out chasing the bugling beasts but I'll check in this weekend. Thanks