Sign in to follow this  
NRS

Taking my son bowfishing for the first time

I have never been bowfishing and we are planning to go out and give it a try Easter Sunday and monday. I do not have a boat, so I am looking for any suggestions on where we can work the shoreline and possibly find something for him to shoot at.

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions

If I were you I would go up to rosevelt to the diversion dam and shoot there..... there is usually tons of fish stacked in there to shoot at....... if not the north end of pleasant back of humbug, coles. Sometimes at roosevelt in the tonto end up by the A Cross there are lots of fish there too......

The shore at pleasent innthe back of humbug or any cove is guaranteed to be a slaughter fest!!

Back of any of the north shore coves at pleasant (coles or humbug would probably be your best bet) I heard they are really rollin in the shallows now!! Good luck

I am just about to pleasant now, do some night fishing from a boat.... See how it goes... I only got one fish y first time out!!!!

How does a guy go from shooting 150 fish one day then the next day only 2??? Doesn't make since

How does a guy go from shooting 150 fish one day then the next day only 2??? Doesn't make since

I was thinkin the same thing....

I've seen days where carp are up on the surface in huge schools and just shooting into the school could produce 2, sometimes 3 carp on a single arrow. The next day, they are deeper, in murkier water and just hitting one is a challenge because of the depth and low water clarity.

For what it's worth.

Dude thats what dell told me look on face book........ Just relaying the message.......

It entirely possible! We hammered the fish along shore at pleasant last Sunday. We went out this past Friday night in the boat and did OK. Slept in the truck so we could shore fish yesterday and it sucked. Fished the exact same spot as last Sunday. The fish were deep. My girlfriend killed one and lost one. I never fired an arrow in the 4 hours we fished.