Sign in to follow this  
Camofreak

Carp

Been at lake pleasant the last three weekends and in my opinion the spawn has not really taken off yet. There's been a few here and there really hitting the surface but nothing crazy yet. I imagine if these dry cold fronts quit blowing through the action should really start heating up. Hopefully when it does we will be there with bows in hand!

During the bill luke tournament a couple weeks ago I've never seen that many carp spawning at once it was unreal...... I would say the main spawn hit but they will spawn here and there for a few weeks.. rosie is just starting to get good the carp have been up for a few weeks and now the buffalo are just starting to come up!!!!!! We shot apache at night sunday and loaded the boat with commons and buffalo we probably had over 500#s of fish in the boat!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, do the buffalo and carp run together? Or are you seeing the buffs in different areas than the carp?

Last Saturday we did see a lot

Of spawning action all day Saturday and some of the day Sunday, a lot of the females we shot were full

Of eggs . Judging from water temps and reports from other lakes I think their is still some spawning to be done!!

Good Luck!!

Out of curiosity, do the buffalo and carp run together? Or are you seeing the buffs in different areas than the carp?

It all depends on what the buffs are doing (pre-spawn, spawn or post spawn) We have shot the sh*t outta buffs in open water and on the shore lines. Like I said, it all depends on what they are doing.