Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

Night time striper fishing on Lake Mead!

Fellow anglers:

The striper fishing this summer on Lake Mead is going to be awesome!

The water is high and there are a lot of fish on the lake.

I want to see more kids and their parents out there filling up ice chests with stripers.

Here is what I'll do.

IF you bring at least one young person with you, I'll knock off a couple of hundred dollars off a trip.

Normally we book these trips for $450, but bring along a young person under 18 and I'll do it for $250.

Look at the photos below and you'll see these are really good trips with us catching from 75 to over a 100 stripers a night!

Be glad to give you references to check out.

I've got a "system" that really works! In one "Honey Hole" last summer we took over 2,000 stripers plus 100 or so cats out of it.

People tell me that fishermen are liars, but these photos pretty much tell the story.

This is the real deal!

There has been two articles written on our fishing business by the outdoor writer for the Las Vegas Review Journal, Doug Nielsen.

One last year was about a trip with the Lee family from Las Vegas where we caught 133 fish in just four hours last July!

Capt. Don Martin

Striper Hunters

Meadview AZ

928-303-9481

post-3669-0-81211900-1364457929_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-43370800-1364457982_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-38068300-1364458074_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-31223400-1364458100_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-77660000-1364458131_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-74368800-1364458196_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-69811200-1364458261_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-32027100-1364458293_thumb.jpg

That's a great deal Don! I've been wanting to get my kids up there to do some fishing. I wish more outfitters would offer deals for kids! Keep up the good work.

Did you catch any big cat's?

Adam

Adam.

Nope we don't catch big cats and its because we are fishing fairly deep (60-80 feet).

We have a big fish of the year contest and in 2011 the catfish jackpot was won with a cat that weighed just under 5 lbs.

Last year the "Big Cat" was won with a channel cat that weighed just 2 lbs 1 oz! Still good enough for the $130 pot though.

Same with the striper jackpot. In 2011 our big fish was just over 5 lbs. Last year the big fish winner was that young man holding a striper that weighed 4.85 lbs. That too was worth $130!

The other part of our contest is the team that catches the heaviest 40 fish wins a free trip for following year!

Still a ton of fun and knock the heck out of the stripers.

If you have any questions, give me a call.

Capt. Don Martin

Striper Hunters

Meadview AZ

928-303-9481

I have been on this trip a few times, it is awesome!!!

I think we caught 264 cats and stripers in one night between 3 of us.

You will enjoy this fishing frenzy!

Mike

Someone asked me to explain exactly what our trip entails.

The special I am offering is to encourage parents/guardians bring young anglers out and share some quality time with them.

The $250 special is for two people. One has to be a young angler under 18 years old.

Normally I get $100 for the next two anglers, but if they are kids, I'll do it for $50 each.

Here is how a typical trip goes.

You arrive in Meadview (which is about 10 miles from South Cove) about 5 p.m. and we will go to dinner at a local restaurant. (not included in the trip package).

Then we go back to my house and hook up the boat and load all the gear. I do furnish bottled water, soda pop, Powerade, and light snacks.

Depending on the weather (wind) we go out between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.

We fish all night and head back in about 6 a.m. (stripers quit biting as soon as it gets light!)

We come back to my house, ice down all the fish ( I have a commercial ice machine so you won't need ice), take everything out of the boat, and then go inside and sleep for about 4 hours.

I have a 3 bedroom place up there, plenty of room, with two complete bathrooms.

We get up about 11 a.m. go out and put the fish on the board and take our "Grin N Gin" photos.

Power wash the boat and then we start fileting the catch.

When done, they will ready for you to take home. You get ALL the fish caught on the trip. There is NO LIMIT on stripers under 20 inches long, and a limit of 20 fish for stripers 20 inches or longer.

When we are done with all this, you pack up and you are ready to go!

Ends up it is a two-day deal, but a heck of a lot of fun.

I furnish all the bait and chum, and the special jig heads we use. I do have some (3) loaner rods/reels or you can bring your own. Spinning gear works well, with 8, 10 or 12 lb FRESH line!

You just need your personal gear, a change of clothes and at least one ice chest to put the fillets in.

Anytime in the summer is the best. We start catching a lot of fish starting in May, and the bite goes through the first week of August. Seems that the dark of the moon is usually good, but we've caught 'em in all moon phases.

I do trips all days of the week. Weekends as you might imagine, book up fast (all weekends in June are completely booked!) but I like the weekdays as it is quiet on the lake, no boat traffic at all.

It is a heck of a lot of fun. As you can see from the photos kids of all ages (and adults too) do well on these trips. For many kids, they catch more fish in one night than they have ever caught in their lifetime! The key is being able to stay awake!

But if the fishing is wide open, most kids do fine!

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know and I can give some dates that are still open.

I'm going to start fishing for stripers in April, and if you send me your e-mail address, I'll be glad to give you a "running report" (we are going to do a newsletter this year!) on how the fishing is.

If you have questions, just let me know.

Good luck and good fishing!

Capt. Don Martin

Striper Hunters

Here are some more photos of happy anglers!

post-3669-0-32238500-1364508883_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-82407100-1364508909_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-44254300-1364508939_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-38579300-1364508975_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-73430900-1364508991_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-58356200-1364509083_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-01965100-1364509121_thumb.jpg

post-3669-0-17003100-1364509228_thumb.jpg

Don.

I don't no how many your boat can hold, I would like to take my adult son in law, my 21 year old son

my 13 year old grandson, and maybe my 11 year old grand daughter maybe you can pm me.thanks for

lowering the price for bringing a kid

I can take as many as 5 on the boat at one time, though I generally prefer to keep it at 4 anglers. I think that in this day and time that we as parents and grandparents need to make sure we spend quality time in the outdoors with our kids, and these fishing trips don't generally disappoint!

If the child likes to fish, then it is all the better.

Perfect trips for husband/wives too. Amazing just how competitive the ladies are when they get out there and start reeling them in!

I like it!

This year going to try and do a lot of video on these trips too. I will also be able to give our anglers a CD of the trip..

Gonna be a great fishing season, going to the lake tomorrow to do some daytime fishing for largemouth bass and stripers.

Capt. Don Martin

Striper Hunters