ROMOCASADOR

4A archery bull

350 in 4a probably not going to happen. If you see 330 shoot him!!! Shoot him fast!!!

Been hunting 4a probly the last 6 years drew my 3rd archery tag there this year there is plenty of respectable bull i have taken 2 both over 350 last years scored 376 just gotta put the time in!

350 in 4a probably not going to happen. If you see 330 shoot him!!! Shoot him fast!!!

Been hunting 4a probly the last 6 years drew my 3rd archery tag there this year there is plenty of respectable bull i have taken 2 both over 350 last years scored 376 just gotta put the time in!

post-4643-0-87089000-1365056818_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

4A is my #1 unit. I have been hunting there many many years. Between myself and all my family members we have taken 8 Elk in the past 12 years. This is a good unit with a lot of elk and opportunities. Like kyle44k said, if you do your homework you can find great bulls (350+). They aren't everywhere, but with, diligent scouting and patience you can find them. Your typical average bull is like everyone else said 280-330, but even those are good bulls and many will call that a trophy, like myself, and that's why I hunt this unit. Good draw odds, and a lot of fun spending time with the family elk hunting. Here are the bulls me and my brother shot last year on the early archery season in 2012. They are not monsters by any means, but the memories made are the real trophies we took home last year. Also this is the nice coues deer I shot in 4A back in nov. of 2012 on the general firearms hunt. Enjoy. And congrats on the tag, you and your g/f will have tons of fun with lots of elk running around you. let it be known that i am jealous. good luck!

post-9494-0-90808800-1365099286_thumb.jpg

post-9494-0-19600500-1365099290_thumb.jpg

post-9494-0-02028900-1365099304_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not better then unit one. But its not a bad tag by any means! Like we said gotta put some work in make a few pre scouting trips but it will pay off come September!

He's right, your unit 1 tag is much better tag to have if your looking for better quality of bulls. kyle44k, I had the late archery hunt in 2010, and both back to back early archery bull in 2011, and 2012 but no dice this year. I have zero complaining to do considering i have been fortunate to have bull tags 3 years in a row. The bull i shot in 2011 was my first bull ever with a bow. Nice 5x5 scored around 215...

Romocasador, my brother and I made about 12-14 trips up to scout for our hunt from May-September. We were practically there every weekend to check cameras, glass, and find elk. We found some BIG bulls, but it sure was a lot of work to find em. So the phrase rings true, hard work pays off. Especially in this unit.

Unit 1 is better in terms of quality of bulls. Its still under the alternative management program with a higher bull to cow ratio then other units. My friends hunted unit 1 last year saw a lot of bulls....(they have the tag again this year). That said, any tag in your pocket makes for equal good time in any unit!

I will be in 4b trying to find a big one also but a good looking 6x6 will do!

Unit 1 has no elk left in it, they all burned up. Best if you spend all your time in 4 with the little lady.

Unit 1 has no elk left in it, they all burned up. Best if you spend all your time in 4 with the little lady.

I herd they transplanted all the elk from 4 to 1 because of all the new forage.

My dads bull also in 4a from last year. Both our first time hunting 4A. Shot a few days apart and less then a 1/4 mile from each other.

post-8770-0-08836800-1365374639_thumb.jpg

• Like 1