Sign in to follow this  
plang00

Once in a lifetime?

Oh, and for everyone reading this:

Buddy of mine from work didn't even know that AZGFD had completed the draw, let alone put out the results. As I basically forced him to check the results the M@#@%(er drew an antelope tag on HIS VERY FIRST TIME APPLYING! Unit 8 muzz hunt. Can you believe that sh!t?!

I think there could be one per hunt--what i mean is that a person could take one with a rifle--one with a muzzle loader and one with a bow and you are done. Most people will not even attempt two of those choices so it would limit the amount of people who will apply.

And, the person who said that we need to modify fences hit the nail on the head---and if you all want to help on a project to do just that the MDF will have a project this weekend in unit 21 on the Sycamore Mesa. We will modify 3 miles of fencing taking barbed wire off the bottom and putting smooth wire back on the bottom and raising it to 18" high. Come on out and help us and you will be part of the solution.

• Like 1

Below is a quote directly from AZGFD website - it's in the first paragraph of one of the prime antlope unit discriptions so it would appear to me that coyote predation is the factor that if not taken care of renders all the other potential factors irrelevant. Address that problem and I would imagine everyone could draw more than one tag in a lifetime.

"Between 85 and 95 percent of all fawns conceived are lost to various mortality factors each year. Research indicates most fawn mortality is caused by coyote predation."

Alright Tony, you get me, I'm illiterate. I bow to your incredible intelligence.

Aww Casey, please don't pout. It will bring me to tears. :(

In the meantime, consider these adages before you unleash your almost intelligence on another CWT member in the future over a minor spelling error or word misuse:

• People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
  • Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
  • A fool’s tongue is long enough to cut his own throat.
  • The pot calling the kettle black.
  • What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
  • Never venture out of your depth till you can swim.
  • Better to do nothing than to do ill.
  • Do unto others as you would others should do to you.
  • Deep rivers move in silence, shallow brooks are noisy
  • He that knows nothing, knows enough if he knows how to be silent.
  • No man learneth but by pain or shame.
  • It is bitter fare to eat one’s own words.
  • A fool cannot be silent.
  • A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
  • Affectation of wisdom often prevents us from becoming wise.

POST OF THE YEAR.