Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Tree stands/blinds

Who actually calls in to report stands that have been there for years? I know of one that has been there for at least 5 years and went to check the water hole out the other day and was greeted with a bull skeleton on the burm. I know it's the same guy every year and have had pics on my cam basically saying stay away ha. Forest service has just recently started cutting down stands in the area but I dont think they will get that far.

It's the only tree in that spot that will hold a stand. I don't think it's legal to leave stands up year round so was just looking into what others know about the situation. It's public land so the way I see it is this guy leaves his stand up so nobody else will put there's up and hunt that spot.

• Like 1

I would hunt further up the trail, if there is a good one, and ignore him.

It does present a problem if he uses the stand for archery deer hunting and then leaves it up through the elk hunts. Pretty inconsiderate of him to leave others without the same opportunity he feels entitled to. I tend to be a little bit confrontational so I might just cut it down and leave it in a heap with a note explaining that the forests and the trees in them don't belong to any individual.

• Like 1

Leave him a note with your thoughts and phone number to get ahold of you. If he doesn't call then to each their own western style justice.

• Like 1

If it's up already sounds like rather than cut it down just hop in and use it? And if he shows up tough luck for him.

+1 first come first serve!

as much as we like to think that they are "our" spot.. I agree, first come first serve! if he or she shows up smile and thank them for the spot and stand...F**K'EM!!

Tough one!

step 1. Leave and to call and talk things out. Some have posted here that talking things over has worked!

step 2. No call, then use it and see what happens.

step 3. Call forestry and have it cut down.

Alternative1. Build a gound blind and hunt there when he shows up and it gets heated......

• Like 1