Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrmatthews

Found TC

I found a trail camera in Unit 8. Looked to have either been washed away or possibly carried by a bear. Definitely sat in the snow all winter, so not sure if it still works? Does have pictures on the sd card thou from last summer. PM me with description if you think it may be yours...

You should post up the pics, maybe someone would recognize their spot.

I just wanted to post up here to thank Anthony for attempting to find the owner of this camera. It was mine! A friend told me about this thread several months ago but I thought there was no chance it was my camera. I finally signed up for CW.com and looked it up and sent a message to Anthony. I described the camera and where it went missing from and that my picture would be the first one on it. He immediately replied that he thought it was mine. Since I live in the Prescott area and he lives in Flag he gave it to a friend who lives here. I finally had a chance to go meet him today and sure enough it was my camera! I can't believe my good luck. I was really bummed out thinking it was stolen. It bugs the crap out of me that hunters would do that to other hunters. Who could believe that somebody would find it lying on the ground out in the middle of the forest. Many guys would have just left it at that and kept it but Anthony thought to try to find the owner. That shows some great character right there. Even when I heard about the camera I still didn't think it was mine especially when he told me where he found it was probably 1/2 mile from where it had been set up but he said I was the only one who was even remotely close and also described the camera perfectly so I figured maybe it could be. Not only does this story make me feel better that it wasn't stolen by another hunter but it totally turns the feeling upside down that he did the right thing by hanging on to it and trying to find its rightful owner. Anthony, you are a great guy in my book and I hope we get to meet sometime. I owe you one. Thanks. Chris

P.S. Now we need to find the bear that carried that thing around!

• Like 4