Sign in to follow this  
out2hunt

Gopro for Archery Hunt

Do you think a Gopro mounted to a Hoyt will affect the balance of the bow? Has anyone shot spot and stalk archery footage with one? If so, how did you attach it for optimal performance? Thanks guys for all your advice.

I used my Hero 3 this year on a pig hunt. I used the handlebar mount and put it on my stabilizer and didn't see any problems when I was practicing. The footage was great when the pigs were under 15 yards anything past that you really couldn't see the pigs in the video. Might be different for deer and elk. The go pro is better for extra footage to add to a video of a hunt and not to use to video the hunt.

Cole

I used my Hero 3 this year on a pig hunt. I used the handlebar mount and put it on my stabilizer and didn't see any problems when I was practicing. The footage was great when the pigs were under 15 yards anything past that you really couldn't see the pigs in the video. Might be different for deer and elk. The go pro is better for extra footage to add to a video of a hunt and not to use to video the hunt.

Cole

Thank you for the advice! Archery elk 5a! Appreciate your response

I just saw on TV, this guy had a mount for the chest that looked very stable. Only issue is, if you have binos there! On the bow is going to be pretty shaky at shot, the chest mount might get all the action!

It's on their website.

• Like 1

I just saw on TV, this guy had a mount for the chest that looked very stable. Only issue is, if you have binos there! On the bow is going to be pretty shaky at shot, the chest mount might get all the action!

It's on their website.

sternum harnesses are nice for a lot of hunt filming but not appropriate for the shooter to wear. I learned the hard way last January on a pig hunt. I shot a pig at 6 feet and he never once was in the frame.

Think about which direction your chest is facing when you fling an arrow. (example below)

June2012+011.JPG

Put it on your head. I have used mine for archery elk and pig using the head mount. Worked good. If I knew how to edit the pieces and make a little film I'd have a cool video.