Sign in to follow this  
creed_az_88

13x56 minox questions

Does anybody have any experience with the 13x56 minox? I'm really interested in them. How do they compare to the other glass on the market in their class...particularly the 12x50 swaros? Does anybody have any experience with their warranty program? I'm looking to upgrade in the near future and looking to avoid the price tag of the swaros but still buy top end glass.

Thanks guys,

creed

I have a pair and they are great. I bought them about 4 years ago and have had no problems with them at all. Great glass cant beat them for the price.

Creed great question!

They certainly look like a fantastic value! They are heavy though (this from a guy who drags swaro 15x56's around all day :rolleyes:)

The review I want to see:

Vortex Razor 12x50 (almost a half lb lighter than the others)

Swaro 12x50 (the king of optics)

Minox 13x56 (Half the price of the Vortex and a third the Swaros)

I have looked through them but never in a testing comparison or hunting environment. I have read that most comparisons would be splitting hairs between all of these which makes me think that I may have a pair of the Minox or Vortex by the end of the year. This would be a big change from a Swaro junkie (LR, HD Spotter, 15x56, 10x42) but I am looking for a compromise for longer hunts or back pack trips just dont want to swallow $2,500 for another set of swaros.

Anyone else with feedback, please chime in.

I have both pairs of these optics. The minox's are great glass for the money. I actually liked them better than the kiabab's. but there is absolutely no comparison to the swaro 12's. the swaro's are just flat out amazing glass. But if cost is a factor and there is no way you can afford the swaro's, the minox are a great piece of glass, but there not swarovski quality.

Thanks! Guess I just need t compare the swarms to the new razors.

I have looked through the swaro 12's a couple of times and they are fantastic. If the vortex are even close they would be a great balance with the weight savings. I have a really hard time leaving the 15's in the truck even w the big spotter in my pack since they are so good at finding deer far away.

Thanks for the input guys. I have also looked through the 12x swaros and they are amazing. I was kind of Hoping to hear something like " the swaros are not much better than the minox so the minox are a way better deal." Guess I gotta sell all of my wife's clothes so I can afford the swaros ;)