Kel

Which 20 guage synthetic pump?

Just wanted to know what 20 guage synthetic pump to buy for my 5' 5" girlfriend? Also, what barrel length would be ideal? I'm thinking a 24 or 26 inch. The recoil of my 12g Mossberg with a 28" barrel is way too much for her (even with 7.5 dove & quail shot). Looking to use for AZ quail hunting and possibly home defense. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. Kel

myself I would stay away from a synthetic stock since its too light and it transfers the energy back to the shooter look into a wood stocked 870 or if your willing to spend the money a berretta A400 shoots really smooth

+1 on berretta the wifey never complains about a sore shoulder.

• Like 1

I have a Mossberg 500 that my wife shoots fine. It was my first gun, I know dad didn't break the bank on it but I have shot that gun more than all my others combined, never had a problem with it,

A 24" is going to be tougher to master with the shorter sight picture so I would stay with at least a 26" or 28". With that said I would get a full sized wood stock gun and cut the stock to fit her and probably stay with a 20 gauge, low brass or AA Target Loads.