Sign in to follow this  
bowhnt

TRAILER TIRES

For sale 3 new & 2 near new ST205/75 D15 load range C trailer tires

sale as a complete set

$275.00 O.B.O.

480-917-5682

Call me a tard but I am ignorant to trailer tires and how they are rated. The only thing I've been told is 6 ply vs 8 ply, so would you happen to know what ply these are by chance? If it gets to where you can not sell them all five together I would be interested in 3 of them right away. Still may be interested once you confirm the type of ply these are. Thank you very much...

hello broken wheels. now im no tire expert & maybe someone on here can do better, but here is what i think you are asking for...

The load range or ply rating branded on a tire's sidewall helps identify how much load the tire is designed to carry at its industry specified pressure. Passenger tires feature named load ranges while light truck tires use load ranges that ascend in alphabetical order (letters further along in the alphabet identify stronger tires that can withstand higher inflation pressures and carry heavier loads). Before load ranges were adopted, ply ratings and/or the actual number of carcass plies were used to identify the relative strength with higher numeric ratings or plies identifying tires featuring stronger, heavier duty constructions.

Today's load range/ply ratings do not count the actual number of body ply layers used to make up the tire's internal structure, but indicate an equivalent strength compared to early bias ply tires. Most radial passenger tires have one or two body plies, and light truck tires, even those with heavy-duty ratings (10-, 12- or 14-ply rated), actually have only two or three fabric plies, or one steel body ply.

In all cases, when changing tire sizes or converting from one type of size to another, it is important to confirm that the Load Index in the tire's Service Description of the new tire is equal to or greater than the Load Index of the original tire and/or that the new tire’s rated load capacity is sufficient to carry the vehicle's Gross Axle Weight Ratings.

the 3 new tires are...tread 4 plies nylon cord, sidewall 2 plies nylon cord

the 2 near new tires are... tread 3 plies nylon cord, sidewall 2 plies nylon cord

all the tires have a max load rating of 1820 lbs. when inflated @ 50psi

so as you can see, one is as strong as the other even though there is a diff in ply ratings.

i would like to get rid of all 5 at a time if i can. thanks for responding!