Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

State to enforce offroad rules or not?

In my opinion, from reading the press release, G&F is telling the USFS that their WMs aren't going to actively enforce rules that...........

unreasonably reduce the opportunities for Arizonas families to fish, hunt, camp, or enjoy wildlife viewing or responsible off-highway vehicle recreation, said Kurt Davis, a member of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission.

I still wonder about this whole situation. On the Kaibab roads are marked and camping limits are 10 yards, the Coconino just realeased a new map and increased the camping restriction out to 100 yds on some roads. I have yet to encounter any FS folks in the field on any forest that brought up the issue so I think it's almost a personal thing with them on enforcement. I'm glad to hear G&F is treating this the way they are.

I still wonder about this whole situation. On the Kaibab roads are marked and camping limits are 10 yards, the Coconino just realeased a new map and increased the camping restriction out to 100 yds on some roads. I have yet to encounter any FS folks in the field on any forest that brought up the issue so I think it's almost a personal thing with them on enforcement. I'm glad to hear G&F is treating this the way they are.

I agree. If the USFS has these rules in place, then start hiring resources to enforce them and don't rely on outside agencies. IMO, I think G&F is telling the forest service to pound sand! lol

Remember, the DOJ has the opinion that the State of AZ has no authority to enforce federal law.

• Like 1