Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Suppressors allowed for hunting in Az

Okay I want one and have been looking at them for a couple of years now. I want one for the reasons the vid shows, this may be one of the greatest teaching aids for kids learning to shoot. One of my kids will shoot anything you let her including a 300RUM with a break or the 357 until she runs you out of ammo and the other is very sensitive to noise, both girls so it isn't a girl thing.

Is there a smith you would recommend, anything special about the installation? From what I have read/watched it is basically threaded just alike a break.

Is there a limit to how many an individual or trust can own?

I was looking to do a 6.5 or 7mm and it looks like the 7mm uses the .308 suppressor, sound right?

Thanks for any advice!

I went with a Yankee Hill quick detach titanium .308. It's pretty nice, it can handle the 300 rum from what they say. It will be going on all my rifles, it did really well at the range last week. They heat up really fast thought which is understandable for what they do. I'm excited because I won't be blasting my ears anymore. Every time I pull the trigger I'm always forgetting to pull down my ear muffs when they are already on my head.

• Like 1

Lets go shoot em! How much POI shift have you noticed without the can on?

I have a SWR Specwar 762 and a Specwar 556 in jail now. Waiting and waiting. Both are quick detatch and the 762 is rated for RUM. My screw on 762 is rated for 300 Win. Thinking of threading my Tikka, but it shoots too good. Might just buy another 300 WSM and cut it down to 20in and thread it. Not having to wear ears is awesome.

Rc. I will send you a PM. But yes, yes, no, yes.

Waiting on an AAC SDN6. The plan is to use it on the ARs and get my 700 threaded. I still have a few more weeks before it goes pending, then I'll be lucky to have it in time for the spring rifle javelina hunt. :(

• Like 1

who has 22 suppressors also. I bought 1, a SWR Spectre ll, shot it and bought another. One is still in jail. I want one on each 22 I have threaded. Short 2 still.