Sign in to follow this  
Tines

Hunters ED in Tucson

Why can't I find any information on classes offered in Tucson?? Mesa, PHX and Flagstaff can't be the only ones being offered. I think I'd like my daughter to do the classroom class as well. I think she'll learn better with it being hands on. Thanks for the info in advance (if anyone knows..)

I think you are right but Mammoth is close

Where: Mammoth
Mammoth Elementary Stem School
111 W Dungan Drive
Mammoth AZ 85618 What: Basic When: June 21 6:00PM to 9:00PM
June 22 8:00AM to 5:00PM
June 23 7:00AM to 11:00AM
Cost: $0.00 Registration: Registration at the door June 21st at 6:00PM Instructor: Reuban Barragan

I had one daughter do the class room and one do online. Class room is lengthy. If you pick up the booklet and study together she'll learn everything from you. That's priceless! The online couse is easy enough that my 9 yr old passed the test with very little help. I hammer the AZGF ALOT. But they do a REALLY good job with their hunter safety program! Hats off to them!

The Education branch at G&F is run by a bunch of libtards who want volunteer instructor led classes to go away. They have all but come right out and said as much. I think you will find that most of the instructors are hanging up there orange hats. I taught for 15+ years, teaching some 100+ kids and dads a year. They have made it impossible for us. The Mesa group has put more than 10,000 kids through their biannual program but we haven't taught a class in 2 1/2 years now thanks to the ED branch.

You pretty much have to take the online class which is way to much for a 10-year-old. Any talk about new hunter recruitment is just empty words. I wish we could take back our department but they have dug in and made it tough.

Interesting take catclaw....hmmmmm. I just spent 9 hours with 2 of those Education Branch employees while they taught a group of new Hunter Education Instructor Candidates. At no time did I detect any hint thst t hey might be "libtards" I believe was the word you used which I assume means some type of liberal anti-hunter. In fact, their clear excitment to get the message of safe, ethical hunting practices instilled into the next generation of hunters was noted and appreciated.

To toss out a blanket assertion like yours certainly can't be backed up as fact by the Hunter Education Branch employees that I have personally met. We must be talking about different people in the Education Branch? Hunter Education is alive and well in Region III and we look forward to our all volunteer Hunter Ed Instructor Team teaching hunter education for years to come.

Jim Rich

VOLUNTEER Hunter Ed Instructor

Interesting take catclaw....hmmmmm. I just spent 9 hours with 2 of those Education Branch employees while they taught a group of new Hunter Education Instructor Candidates. At no time did I detect any hint thst t hey might be "libtards" I believe was the word you used which I assume means some type of liberal anti-hunter. In fact, their clear excitment to get the message of safe, ethical hunting practices instilled into the next generation of hunters was noted and appreciated. To toss out a blanket assertion like yours certainly can't be backed up as fact by the Hunter Education Branch employees that I have personally met. We must be talking about different people in the Education Branch? Hunter Education is alive and well in Region III and we look forward to our all volunteer Hunter Ed Instructor Team teaching hunter education for years to come.Jim RichVOLUNTEER Hunter Ed Instructor
+1

My experience with instructors in the hunter safety program has been exceptional. I'm sure there might be some knuckle heads. The guys I've met are guys just like me(ok about 30 yrs older) who love to hunt and fish and want to pass their passion on to the rising generation. I thanked everyone of them for volunteering. As for being geared toward 10 yr olds, yes. Thats what you want! Not grown men flying in from other states just to get a BP. I went to a field day about 2 months ago with my 9 yr old daughter and wife(neither have hunted before). The instructor went around the room and asked everyone why they were here. All the men said " for the BP". Dads with their kids said, so we can take our kids hunting. If its gear so only grown adults can pass, then we should just hand over the keys to the tree huggers now.

Tines, sorry your threat got side tracked.

When we did it we had to go to buckeye because there werent any classes offered in the east valley at that time. If you do find a class close by jump on it quick because I found they fill up quick.

Good luck!

No worries about it getting "side-tracked". Thanks for all of the info, guys.

BigTub: Thank you and I'll look into Mammoth.

You might also call the local office and ask. Also you might call Trico Electric, Sportsman's and 2nd Amendment to see if they are sponsoring a class. Sometimes the state bureaucracy is a little slow on picking up what the "locals" may be doing.