Sign in to follow this  
RoughCut

Lifetime license question for you guys.

So here is my question... And I think their is some miss-information out there on this. Most of us know that if you buy a lifetime license and end up moving out of state you are stil able to use your license albeit you have to pay the non-resident fees. My question is ... If you move out of state do you get lumped into the nonresident pool and are you subject to the 10% cap or do they keep you in the resident pool?

I thought that you were put in the non res pool but when I was looking into it a bit I came across this.

Excerpt from A.R.S. 17.335.01

G. Lifetime licenses and trout stamps remain valid if the licensee subsequently resides outside this state, but the licensee must pay the nonresident fee to purchase any additional stamps, permits and tags required to hunt and fish in this state. LIMITS SET by the commission on issuing nonresident stamps, permits or tags DO NOT APPLY to stamps, permits or tags sold to a lifetime licensee.

Thanks guys and good luck on the upcoming draw

So here is my question... And I think their is some miss-information out there on this. Most of us know that if you buy a lifetime license and end up moving out of state you are stil able to use your license albeit you have to pay the non-resident fees. My question is ... If you move out of state do you get lumped into the nonresident pool and are you subject to the 10% cap or do they keep you in the resident pool?

I thought that you were put in the non res pool but when I was looking into it a bit I came across this.

G. Lifetime licenses and trout stamps remain valid if the licensee subsequently resides outside this state, but the licensee must pay the nonresident fee to purchase any additional stamps, permits and tags required to hunt and fish in this state. LIMITS SET by the commission on issuing nonresident stamps, permits or tags DO NOT APPLY to stamps, permits or tags sold to a lifetime licensee.

The correct answer is you pay non-res. prices for tag but you remain in resident pool, so the 10% cap will not apply to you

The correct answer is you pay non-res. prices for tag but you remain in resident pool, so the 10% cap will not apply to you

Agreed.

If you are thinking about moving out of state, this is a no brainer, must-do, can't miss action. I didn't do it when I left for college, and I ended up being gone for 5 hunting seasons. I can't tell you how badly I miss those bonus points (I couldn't swing the NR fees in college, and it was before the online app only fee). Today if you are moving out of state and want to accumulate BP's all you have to do is pay the $7.50. Definitely a good move. Heck if I was a NR and circumstances would allow it I would find a way to move to AZ, establish residency, buy the lifetime license and then leave. It only takes like 6 mos to establish residency, and if it means you could have a shot at the strip, or pull an early archery tag every 4 or 5 years, it just might be worth it.

Best $700 I ever spent :)

Side question on same topic: has anyone ever drawn a tag not available too NR on a lifetime license? Like a unit 1 early archery or any other tag that all the NR tags go to max point pool without max points? The reason I ask is that I have been putting tags like that on my app since moving (strip rifle, bighorn units with only 1 tag etc) but I have to check NR on the app when I fill it out and want to make sure their system actually works and I'm not throwing choices away. I called them to ask how they know that if I have to check NR on the App that I get put into resident pool and she said the computer sorts us into it base on the "LH" at the beginning of our license number. So has anyone ever drawn a tag like that as a NR using a lifetime license?

My uncle drew a early 9 bull tag with lifetime and 4 points myself and cousin were on the same app I had 1 point and cousin had 7

Best $700 I ever spent :)

Side question on same topic: has anyone ever drawn a tag not available too NR on a lifetime license? Like a unit 1 early archery or any other tag that all the NR tags go to max point pool without max points? The reason I ask is that I have been putting tags like that on my app since moving (strip rifle, bighorn units with only 1 tag etc) but I have to check NR on the app when I fill it out and want to make sure their system actually works and I'm not throwing choices away. I called them to ask how they know that if I have to check NR on the App that I get put into resident pool and she said the computer sorts us into it base on the "LH" at the beginning of our license number. So has anyone ever drawn a tag like that as a NR using a lifetime license?

$700.00??? You must be pretty old to get that good of a price! Ha

I do have one and paid $560 for it. I moved out of state two years ago and have been putting in based on being capped as a non res. so I am pleasantly surprised to know that I am eligible for the random draw as well.

Thanks again fellas