CouesRanger

Sedona fishing?

Hello fellow anglers, im in sedona with my family,wife and 3 youngsters and we would like to do some fishing tonight and tomorrow. Kids just love to eat trout! As do I!! Wondering if anyone had knowledge of Oak creek or any surrounding water that would be nice for the kids to fish on. I myself flyfish but the kids love worms and a hook. Any suggestions greatly appreciated thanks. cooper

The pools on Oak Creek are usually full of put and take trout this time of year. Great place to spend some time with kids. The crowds may thin a bit as you move up the canyon.

Am i able to fish all of oak creek through sedona? Heard there was alot of catch and release areas of the creek ?

The catch and release area is basically from June of pine resort north to Call of the canyon, pretty good chance the creek will be stocked today.

Am i able to fish all of oak creek through sedona? Heard there was alot of catch and release areas of the creek ?

Most stretches that are single barbless hook/no bait are clearly marked. Trouble with fishing this time of year is competing with swimmers for the best holes...as said, drift 4# test and tiny hooks with a nightcrawler under a clear bobber in any of the deeper pools and you should be in fish.

If you fly fish just look for good rock structure. Last March I hooked, and lost, an estimated 22-24" Brownie on a #18 Copper John dead drifted through a boulder run below the Bootlegger pull out.

Tons of swimming traffic during the week up there had a few rise to trude coachman but never had a good chance to walk the river, it looked like great water though. Thanks for the input we ended up at woods canyon to catch some dinner snacks!!