Sign in to follow this  
Bitter24

Huachuca mountain

Hey guys/gals,

Just wondering if there are many lions in the huachuca mountains? Dont need to know where or spots (unless you want to share of course) just wondering looks like it should hold some. Seen a few cats out towards the NM statline along the border just havent seen any up in the huachuca's yet. Thanks

YUP!! I have been down there twice Helping others during the rifle hunts and spotted lions both times, north of Parker Canyon lake.

Plenty of lions in the Huachucas. Was doing night surveys one night a few years ago and there were cat tracks next to mine and around a mud puddle that weren't there on the hike up the canyon. North of Parker Canyon Lake, the Canelo Hills, all over the Huachucas, just like the rest of the Sky Islands!

YUP!! I have been down there twice Helping others during the rifle hunts and spotted lions both times, north of Parker Canyon lake.

That's the only time I've been hunting with someone that saw a cat and I still couldn't spot it! Good eyes Steve...

Thanks Brad, he was hard to distinguish from all that grass until I saw his tail wave and ear twitch under that big Mesquite. As soon as I got Brad looking in the right direction, he up and vanished. THERE THEN GONE!!!

+1 plenty of cats up here, hope your coming over here to shoot them with a rifle not a camera haha! Hope you find some.

only seen tacks at water holes... never ran across one calling or hiking. I know they're out there, and if they stay away from me I'm okay with that...