Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Anyone ever dealt with Nikon Service/Repair?

Sending a Nikon spotting scope for repair, first time sending in anything to get repaired. Anyone ever dealt with Nikon service/repair? Good turn around time?

I sent in my monarchs and they did a horrible job. They stayed in contact with me through their own website, but did not complete the work I had asked them to look at. They were out of the eyepiece caps and told me they would send them to me when they came in. About 2 months later they sent me the wrong eyepiece caps and never corrected it. They also never responded to my questions about how to get the scratches in the lenses out and how much it would cost or how it was done. Very displeased with their service and has made me rethink whether I would buy Nikon products again. Bummer, but that is the truth. Really like their products, but their service leaves a ton to be desired.

The recoil of my .338 RUM and a lead sled stacked with sandbags snapped the elevation knob clean off a Monarch 6-24x50. LOL. I sent it in and they sent me a brand new one 1 week later. No more Monarchs on the RUM. :blink:

3 years ago, my Nikon D200 got soaked on a tarpon fishing trip as we were crossing some fairly rough seas in a flats skiff (don't ask). The saltwater destroyed the gear drive. I sent the camera back in. Not a warranty repair, but they fixed it and I basically got a brand new D200 for around $300. Not long after that, I had to send the lens that was on the camera in to get the gear drive repaired. Practically brand new lens for dirt cheap. Everything was through their CS webiste and I couldn't talk to a person, but, overall, the work was great and the turn around time was as quick as could be expected for all that was wrong. Overall, I was very pleased with their service.

Sorry you had a bad deal, My Rights! That would totally suck!

I sure hope everything goes smoothly with this repair. Thanks to everybody who chimed in!

Had to send my monarch 10x42s in for repair. Everything went smoothly