Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

12 A East Early hunt

Our Hunting Group pulled 6 early rifle Kaibab tags, 3 on the east side and 3 on the west side. My 18 year old son and my brother are in the group that got the East tags. I have hunted the west side in archery season so I feel confident about that hunt, but have not hunted much on the east side. Looking for pointers, tips, areas to scout and hunt in 12 A East. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Just found our some friends drew west side tags they are gonna join us. That make 9 tags in camp. 6 west side and 3 east side. Some big bucks are going down!

Wow! That us an unreal amount of tags in your group!

Make the best of it. Enjoy your hunt, and I hope you get some snow.

The Kaibab is a special place. Monster bucks can be anywhere and everywhere.

Go prepared.

Regardless of the outcome, know that you have a tag that most of us wish we had this year.

• Like 1

You will see average 4 points and 3 points. You wont get enough snow to make much difference that time of year. Big bucks are where you find them. A 180" Buck is a huge buck for that hunt. If you see a 160" class deer shoot him!!! and that's both sides of the Bab!!!

Regardless of score, I hope you tag a buck you are proud of. Don't get hung up on scores.

The best part of hunting N if the ditch for me is the quantity of deer we see. With that many people in camp, if you all know what you're doing, can make something good happen in the length of time you have up there.

A dusting of snow on the ground will make a huge impact on your hunt. That is why I always pray for snow. I'll have good friends up there again this year and I want them to do well also.

Your right Chef. We even have two tag holders that have yet to tag a buck, they are both looking for a anything bigger than a spike or small folkie.

there were hundreds of 2 points last year don't get trigger happy, see you there

I told them about the small bucks you saw last year. They said they will hold out for a few days for a 3x3 or better. Then the 2x2 better watch out!

remember hunt the bottems. see you there , can't wait my son got the tag this year