Sign in to follow this  
HKshutr

Deer applications 101...

I have never hunted whitetail, I have always been a desert muley hunter. I've been trying to get the multi-unit December muzzleloader hunt for some time now. That hunt (#1179) was my first choice. I was excited when my card got hit early. On Thursday, my buddy called me and said the results were up, and if I wanted him to check for me. I gave him my info, and he said "you got 6b whitetail". I was confused, and I asked him what hint # it was. He said 1079. I asked him to look up hunt 1179 in the regs. He goes, oh my gosh, that's the muzzleloader hunt. Talk about disappointment. How could I have been so cateless? Well, it looks like I'll be hitting up some of my buddies for advice.

lots of good whities up there check meadow canyon or on childs side of the unit

I don't know 6b enough to be much help but if it makes you feel better last spring I forgot to sign my javelina and turned in in after the correction period.

My first year applying for whitetail in 33 I messed up and drew a mulie tag. If I remember correctly the two species weren't separated in the regs like they are now. It's still a hunt though.

My first mistake like that, but it was bound to happen. I look at it this way. I still get to hunt, and I will get to learn more about the unit. And I will check that out wild woody. Thanks for the info!