Sign in to follow this  
Redman

Lecia or Swarovski

12x50 Ultravids are the best all around binos in the entire Universe. This coming from a fool who owns 15x Swaros and 10X Leica Trinovids. My buddy has the Ultravids and they are SWEET!!

Bret M.

When I tried the Leicas at sportsmans the glass seemed good, but I just could not get them adjusted right for my big fat head. The Swaro's were great and fit me well , You really need to try the different glasses to see which ones fit you right as they are both great glasses. You cant go wrong with either of them. AG

This decision keeps getting more and more confusing. I examined the swaros. lecia, and zeiss at SW and concluded that the swaros are a better fit for my eyes, but there where no 12x50 ultras to evaluate. I used the 10x15x50 duviods and felt the swaros were a bit nicer, plus less expensive.

I like the 15x56's but on archery hunts they may be to big the 10x42 will be small to glass extensively with.

Redman

Don't buy anything over 10* power to use as neck binos, you would regret it. If the binos will be exclusively tripod binos get the 12 or 15 power. For neck get the 8 or 10 power. Anything higher will be too shaky. All 3 brands make equal quality glasses imo. Get the one that fits your eyes the best and feel the most comfortable. So if money is not an issue and swarovs fit your eyes the best get the 10*42 EL's for neck binos or 15*56 SLC's for tripod binos.

"the 10*42 will be small to glass extensively with" This is not true. Higher powered binos WILL BE jumpier in view and have a smaller field of view where as the lower powered binos have a much calmer, more stable view and a wider field of view, and will typically gather light better.