Sign in to follow this  
rschaumb

QAD Exodus Broadheads

Has anyone used the QAD Exodus broadheads. They look pretty good. They have the barbed and non-barbed versions. They are shorter than most broadheads which they say is to keep the center of gravity on the arrow the same so they should shoot the same as field points. Has anyone used them before? I shoot and have only shot the Ramcat broadheads. Killed two pigs and one deer in my first two years of bow hunting. The Exodus' just look like the blades would be stronger than the ramcat, which has pretty thin blades that can bend a little. Thanks for your input.

I've been looking over reviews and the QAD Exodus Broadhead is looking pretty good. I'm looking for a 85 grain broadhead that will fly like a field point at long ranges to 100 yards. This one seems like it might do that, and is also reported to be a very strong broadhead. I know G5, Muzzy and Thunderhead make good broaheads, but I've seen too many reviews that concern me with their accuracy at longer ranges.

The only other broadheads I could find that compares to the accurracy of the QAD Exodus at long range is the Shuttle T-Lock and Steel force phatheads. The Shuttle T is available in 100 or 125 grain, and the QAD is available in 85 or 100 grain, with the 125 grain to possibly come in 2013. The Shuttle T-Lock had two negatives in the reviews, and it was that they aren't sharp enough out of the box and they don't penetrate quite as much as other broadheads. The QAD Exodus was reviewed to go through steel drums and still look brand new. Also they are reported to shoot through some targets, so finding a quality target would be helpful. They are suppost to be very quite in flight and leave gaping wound channels. If they're as good as the sound I'll be practicing with the QAD Exodus broadhead very soon!

"111" If you want field point accuracy at long distances in 85gr. look at the Wac em' broadheads. They are great heads and fly like bullets at long range. They make 85, 100, 125 gr heads and make them in 3 or 4 blade configurations. I shoot the 3 blade 100 gr. and they fly true to a field point out to 80 yards. I do not have pins further than that, but I would be willing to bet they will fly perfect at 100 yards as well.

I will have to take a look at the Wac em' broadhead and see how they compare as well, thanks!

+1 on the wac-ems. I shoot the 85 grains and they fly great out to 100yds. They work well on all size game from turkeys to elk for me. Best broadhead I have ever used and fly like field points.

Me and my friends use the g5 montecs and they fly fantastic at long distance, i have shot elk at 87 yards 92 yards with great success the 92 yards was a pass thru and the 87 yards hung up on the fletching on the exit side i have seen a 105 yard pass thru with them and you can get them as sharp as you like and i use the 85 gr

• Like 1

"111" If you want field point accuracy at long distances in 85gr. look at the Wac em' broadheads. They are great heads and fly like bullets at long range. They make 85, 100, 125 gr heads and make them in 3 or 4 blade configurations. I shoot the 3 blade 100 gr. and they fly true to a field point out to 80 yards. I do not have pins further than that, but I would be willing to bet they will fly perfect at 100 yards as well.

+1. Another wackem/ g5 striker fan over here. Forget mechanicals.Imo.they are inferior to a good fixed blade and will eventually let u down.