Sign in to follow this  
Coues Stew

Hybrid?

Would you guys consider the following buck a hybrid with the given evidence hard to tell but pretty significantly different. The "suspect" hybrid is a small buck barely forking at the top and the bottom deer is a descent 2x2 mulie and the one in between is a doe mulie (obviously), The one with a weird tail acted much more skidish than his partners, and was sizeably smaller. This area is full of mulies and has few records of whitetails being seen or harvested still. What do ya think?

post-8804-956644_thumb.jpg

post-8804-535805_thumb.jpg

post-8804-501863_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell....they all look like mulies to me. That Hockey player is defiantly a hybrid though...they inherently have such few teeth.

for some reason it put a pic of me playin hockey haha sorry. The deer looks mulie just his tails real thick and dark

Id say leave it and see how many funny replies you get :P

I was just thinking that lol

not true Priest I seen em! jumped two does this year! havent seen a buck yet tho was wondering if they were hybridizing. Yours almost looks a little hybridy too but the trail cam pic ryan showed me says all coues. Did you ever end up scoring that one out?

/>You play for NAU, thats legit, ill be moving up there in about a year to go there.

Let me know when you come up maybe we can arrange some hunting trips!

/>not true Priest I seen em! jumped two does this year! havent seen a buck yet tho was wondering if they were hybridizing. Yours almost looks a little hybridy too but the trail cam pic ryan showed me says all coues. Did you ever end up scoring that one out?

Ya 83 3/8

• Like 1