Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Mule and Horse packing

What do we think about a Packing Forum on Coues?

I would love to learn and pass on info for packing and hunting if there was enough interest?

I know there are a few guys here that do the horses?

Maybe the forum bosses could look into it?

• Like 1

And Goats!

Had to edit, messed up and put in my reply to your post below. LOL

At this point I would be more interested to see how many use pack animals? Probably a few but most might not be on CWT site.

Outside of that I would be up for a Packing Forum. For now I will keep adding to the "pinned" Pack Animal post as I go out on my scouting trips and such.

GBA

Got the horses and now have most of the equip to pack with, but have yet to put it all together for a pack trip. I am very much looking forward to it though.

Last year with my husband's elk hide we practiced with it with the horses and it was quite entertaining to say the least, but they definitely got used to it with time.

I would love to see a packing/ backcountry stock use forum!

Me too! I am thinking that within a year or two, that's going to be the only way that I'll be able to get to the places that I want to go.

So that's what it looks like when horses are asleep. I could have used a horse this past weekend when I was packing out my Double Bull, chair, bow/arrows, pack, food, and all the other junk that ends up in my pack. David

What are we looking at in that picture? looks like a major wreck! I hunt off of horses and a mule when i get the time to hunt. My mule is an outstanding rascal. You can do just about anything off of him. 16 hands with good withers. You dont need britchen on him. Every now and then i do want to kill him, but then he does something that wins me back . Last fall I packed a 6x6 bull out on him. Got everything but the horns in one trip. Negotiated some rough country with a lot of blow down timber in it. Got back to the trailer at 1:30 AM. He never missed a step coming out of there in the dark. I wouldnt have taken $10,000.00 for him that night. Probably gonna be packing some out this fall with him. Love wandering the back country on a good animal.

Wow, that last photo is messed up! Isn't there a way around that boulder mess to get to where you want to go? Nothing would be important enough to put a pack animal through something like that unless it was someones life need savin.

Mulepackerhunter, I agree with naturegirl, I really don't think there are that many on CWT that have pack critters. How was your hunt? Any pictures to share?

GBA

Bryce Canyon, are those your horses? That picture makes me sick! We've had a few wrecks but that one takes the cake. I think a packing fourm would be great. It's taken a few years but we finally have our mules/horses set up and packing wreck free. (cross your fingers)

Well we just got back from 7 days, many many stories and pics to come. Look in the bear section soon for more. Yes Big Bear down and packed out on the mules. I agree on the pack forum, just not enough need here. I will just post up on whatever adventures I have.