Sign in to follow this  
mpriest

Do beards provide camo?

Guest oneshot

Joking aside, The white/brown,black shinney round shape of the human face is the first thing that stands out when I see someone in camos,or the shadows... So I'd guess that beards for sure give some camo effect...

personaly clean shaven, but I wear face masks/Buff's when in the woods/mountains...

Beards are where it's at! My beard and I have a strong bond, almost as strong as hair on skin. He tells me where to look, and i usually find out what I'm looking for. I also leave it up to him to tell me to pass or shoot. Hasn't failed me yet.

post-3582-0-45229700-1377971845_thumb.jpg

post-3582-0-93377500-1377971874_thumb.jpg

/> Facial hair of most kinds has many benefits - camoflage being the least of them unless you are trying to blend in at a homeless shelter in hopes of securing a free meal. The principal benefits are psycological. The pure intimidation factor of gray and black facial hair, for example, is enough to convince most game animals, and most 40+ bar-fly/ex-biker chicks to give up playing "hard-to-get" through nothing more than mere display.

The same is true for local hoodlums (also knowns as those wanna-be's that are trying to get your daughter's attention). Try and scare one of those testosterone-filled knumb skulls off with your clean-shaven face, and pink - or "coral" - as they say now, collared shirt and Birkenstocks with socks on - not gonna happen. But a clean shaven head, some curly fuzz around your jaw and chin, a tight, sleeveless shirt that shows off your 24-pack abs, and sunburned forearms, camo shorts with boots, and junior Mr. tough guy becomes Mr. "Yes Sir, No Sir".

Someone's paranoid about their daughters dating haha...jk ;)

LOL, I don't even have daughters, I was just trying to be funy. 3 sons- :)