ylclaret

Sighting in my bow, and getting frustrated...

Paper tuning is more critical with a whisker bisket. Your arrows may be under-spined, which will cause inconsistancy. I draw 65 lbs at 30" and shoot 75/95 hunter xt. Sounds like you're getting it dialed in. It seems to be a work in progress over the life of the equipment...always tweeking something....part of the fun ;)

I think Chris is a wizard or something! The first 3 pictures are the last three groups I shot while sighting in my 20 yard pin and the last picture is the first and only group I shot with my 30 yard pin. ( I want to keep shooting but I have to go feed the animals!) thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread, now I know where to come if I have anymore issues.

post-10709-0-95557600-1377648370_thumb.jpg

post-10709-0-85824600-1377648403_thumb.jpg

post-10709-0-49791800-1377648436_thumb.jpg

post-10709-0-11529400-1377648469_thumb.jpg

how are those quickfletch twisters doing for you??? Are they durable?

So far so good! Before I got help with my tuning issues I made a bad hit on the target and had to pull one all the way through, and it hit far to the side of the target and angled just enough that it I had to pull it basically through all of the foam and at the end it had to pass through the nylon mesh. I thought it would be shredded, and its not perfect by any means, but it held up much better than I expected!

Sounds like Chris got you fixed up. He probably had you go through walk back tuning too by the looks of the 20 yd. vs 30 yd. shots. If not...Get a piece of paper and mark a target/dot at the top. Shoot the dot with the 20 yard pin. Walk back to 30 yds. and shoot the 20 yd. pin again at the same spot. Same thing at 40 yds. If the arrows are in a straight line up and down, you are good to go. If not maybe you're not holding the bow level, or the rest may need a little adjustment left or right.

With those last groups posted don't shoot more than one broadhead at the same spot. May need some more quick-fletch if you do.

Good luck!

• Like 1