Sign in to follow this  
DIYFamilyMan

Unit 8 October Tag

This is my first whitetail tag, grew up hunting mule deer all the time. I drew a unit 8 october couse tag and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some tips. not asking for places to look, but more perhaps effective methods to find em in this unit. ive got some ideas on where to look, ive just gotta learn to put eyes on em. Thanks!

unit 8 is not your typical coues country - they are scattered along the edges of canyon country. check G&F site for best areas !! sycamore has populations of coues , the lower the better - down towards the verde

I had the dec hunt there last year. The G&F site was spot on for finding them! I saw coues every day of the hunt, but only 3 bucks in 7 days (all were big bucks though). I found the best success by sitting on the canyons and glassing for hours on end. I'd maybe glass from 3 different spots per day and was able to pick them out pretty good by the end of the hunt. It is one tough hunt! Even in dec! Good luck to you, there are some giant wt in there!

Hornhunter247 just wondering if you killed a good one in 8 ?

I ended up taking a low 80's buck. He was by far the smallest of the 3 I found. But I wasn't going to pass up any mature buck on my first coues hunt :) I need to post some pics I guess lol

Their are some nice coues in 8. Goodluck. I have the muley hunt the week after. Maybe we can help eachother out with some intel. ShOot me a PM.