Sign in to follow this  
AxisWorks LLC

Shooter (Ballistic Calculator) for Iphone users.

It is the first result that comes up when I search "shooter ballistics" in the App Store.

I use this app and also iSnipe. They give almost identical results.

Holy crap! It has to have the "s" after ballistic! I searched shooter ballistic, shooter ballistic calculator and it never came up. Found it now. Thank you.

Has anyone tried the app. Ballistic: Advanced Edition by Jonathan Zdziarski?

Holy crap! It has to have the "s" after ballistic! I searched shooter ballistic, shooter ballistic calculator and it never came up. Found it now. Thank you.

I used his earlier version "Ballistic FTE" and later upgraded to the Ballistic Advanced. I preferred the earlier version better... It seems that he started off with a good product and proceeded to screw it up.

OK, let me ask you this.

Here is the link to the (Shooter ballistics manual)

http://www.shooterapp.net/manual.php

It states that you can change the "pressure input type" (see picture below)

I'd like to change mine from inHg to PSI if it will allow to collate with my Leica 1600B pressure reading. However I can not find the supposed question mark as

stated in the manual to allow me to achieve this. :angry:

post-6055-0-85824200-1378331470_thumb.jpg

I used his earlier version "Ballistic FTE" and later upgraded to the Ballistic Advanced. I preferred the earlier version better... It seems that he started off with a good product and proceeded to screw it up.

Glad I didn't spend the $20. Thank you.

I only use Shooter at this point after trying a half dozen others. I cannot get the option for pressure to change either, just tried. I believe you can only do this when you add a new bullet profile and do not know if the choice between ICAO or ASM matters in order to change the setting, probably shouldn't.

e-mail Sean Kennedy shooter@kndy.net and ask him to tell you what step you are missing. He has been pretty quick at responding to my questions in the past.

Please share the repsonse back with us if you can.

Glad I didn't spend the $20. Thank you.

I just spent the last couple hours working on the app settings and with some tweaking, I was able to get it to operate like it should... I'm going to change my response to its a good app, but plan on spending some time figuring it all out.

OK, let me ask you this.

Here is the link to the (Shooter ballistics manual)

http://www.shooterapp.net/manual.php

It states that you can change the "pressure input type" (see picture below)

I'd like to change mine from inHg to PSI if it will allow to collate with my Leica 1600B pressure reading. However I can not find the supposed question mark as

stated in the manual to allow me to achieve this. :angry:

Its not what you want to hear, but you could always just multiply it by the pressure * 2.036 to get your inHG... This is what Leica suggested to me.

I only use Shooter at this point after trying a half dozen others. I cannot get the option for pressure to change either, just tried. I believe you can only do this when you add a new bullet profile and do not know if the choice between ICAO or ASM matters in order to change the setting, probably shouldn't.

e-mail Sean Kennedy shooter@kndy.net and ask him to tell you what step you are missing. He has been pretty quick at responding to my questions in the past.

Please share the repsonse back with us if you can.

Email sent to Sean Kennedy, Ill let you know what I hear back. Thank you for the contact info.

/>This looks cool but do I have to have Internet when actually using the app? I don't ever have cell reception while hunting/shooting

You do NOT have to have any service to run this app. If you do have service it can pull weather info from local stations and calculate from that but everything can be entered manually with no service.