Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

Quail and Tires

Ok I don't post a lot. Just when I have some thing to say. Well yesterday Michael and I went out to do a little quail hunting. And a little quail hunting is what we did. I couldn't find very many quail today at all. The first place we stopped was a water trough that had a couple of quail at the trough. We walked them down and I took one shot and missed. The birds were pretty safe today. When we got back to the truck I had a flat tire. We put my spare on and went back to hunting. We stopped at several of my honey hole type spots and only Michael got a shot that connected on a bird. As I said earlier, the birds were pretty safe today. Then we planned on making a circle on a few other spots. As we were headed to the first spot my spare went flat. Now what to do. I have a compressor in the truck. So we put the first tire back on as it looked like it would hold air the longest. After airing it up we took off. It lasted about a mile. We stopped again to air it up. While we aired it up a jeep waggoneer came up. Well really it just drove past. Thay did not slow down or roll their window down to ask if we needed help. They just rolled on by. Michael looked at me and I just said they were probably wildlife conservationists. You know the folks that wear the L.L. Bean type clothes and won't have anything to do with folks wearing camo.

Now you have to think about where we were. At least 10 miles from a paved road and using a compressor to air up a tire. It took us about 30 minutes of airing up, driving, and airing up until we reached a main dirt road. Then along came a lady and her son who had been out quail hunting. They stopped to see if we needed any help. Hunters do take care of each other. She gave us a couple of cans of flat fix. She would not take any money for them.

Once we used them the tire now lasted a few miles more before we had to stop. We made it to Arivaca road and had someone come and get us.

Now this is where Discount Tire comes in.

I took the spare home last night and then today I took it to Discount. I expected to have to buy a new tire and then have one of the tires warranted because I always get the certifacates for my tires. Mark at the store on 6th ave in Tucson says "Well you bought the spare from us 7 years ago and the warranty is still good."

To cut this long story short I got two new tires for under $100.00. Those tires sell for $168.00 plus tax and balancing each. And if they fail due to raod hazard they get replaced. For my money you can't beat Discount.

Guest Ernesto C

Man 7 years with the same tires??? you dont drive your truck or what??

Yea Discount tire is really good with their warranties........now you can keep chasing those quail again.

Ernesto,

That was my spare. It got me out of the desert many times. This time was just too much. I fully expected to have to buy a new tire for it. When they said the warranty was still good and replaced it I decided I would not buy tires from anyone else.

I have to agree about Discount, everytime I have had any kind of tire problems they replace them without question. The only place to get your tires, and I don't evcen work for them.

I am glad to hear that somebody is getting a little customer service from them. I used to spend about four thousand dollars a year having them dismount tires for me. On two occasions they have damaged the bead while dismounting the tire. They replaced the $230.00 tire and then asked me not to come back to there store since it cost them so much to replace. Now that is customer service. This has happened at two different stores. I easily sent them an additional $5000.00 a year in customers, but they didn't seem to care about the little guy. The funny thing is, the guy who owns them started out small and he built his company on customer service. David

David, sorry you had bad service from them in Phoenix. Down here in Tucson they have been great. I've been going to the same store for about 10 years now.

Lee

Back in my 4whellin days, thats the only place to buy tires. My brother was a hard core guy and was shredding tires all the time. Each one was warranted with no questions asked.

I am glad to hear that somebody is getting a little customer service from them. I used to spend about four thousand dollars a year having them dismount tires for me. On two occasions they have damaged the bead while dismounting the tire. They replaced the $230.00 tire and then asked me not to come back to there store since it cost them so much to replace. Now that is customer service. This has happened at two different stores. I easily sent them an additional $5000.00 a year in customers, but they didn't seem to care about the little guy. The funny thing is, the guy who owns them started out small and he built his company on customer service. David

I'm sorry to hear about that too, I've been buying tires from them since I was a kid. The last incident was on my nissan and the tire blew out, they even sent it off to the manufacturer and I got two new tires out of it. ......... I even could tell the tires had alot of sun damage to them.

We use discount at work and I had a blowout on my truck and damaged the right side fender and door, the truck still had the original factory tires on it and they filed a warranty claim for us, we got estimates on the damage to the truck and the total costs, the manufaturer of the tires paid for the truck to be repaired ( it hasn't been fixed yet ), and the replacement of that tire. I have always had good luck and excellent service from them.

I just started using Discount Tires about 2 months ago, New tires on my wife's mini van. Great customer service & very fast out the door in about 1 hour. B)

Yeah...they do give great service. Me and peck1 did have a great time though. We have been scouting our unit about every weekend. heck, The problem that I see with the quail (besides my crapy shooting) is that guys go down there and shoot every bird in the covey. I only like to shoot a few birds out of each covey.

Oh yeah, those liberal bird watchers didnt even slow down. I am sure that this isnt news to you guys...when you see someone having trouble in the desert...ask if you can help. The sad this is if I were to see those liberals again and they needed help, I would still help them.

Lee forgot to mention that a tiger rattle snake came real close to making Lee his buddy.

all in all we had a good time.