Sign in to follow this  
Barnesboy

Unit 21

Hi there everyone am new to this site and heard about it through a friend. I was wondering if any of you had any info on unit 21 and if any of you knew the success rate on it so far this year. I saw the two that were takin during the archery season and they were nice ones. Its been 8 years since i drew a rifle buck tag for arizona and i know its not the strip but still excited about it. My dad and grandfather both drew tags to so its going to be a family trip.

• Like 1

Congrats on your tags. I wish I knew the area but unfortunately have never hunted it. Hopefully some people will give you some help. Cool to hear its a family event!! Best of luck to you.

My cousin shot this buck on the rifle hunt last year. This can be a tough hunt. My cousin has some physical limitations, but in two years in a row that he hunted the unit it was the only deer he saw. I finally went out and got him on this good buck. The unit holds deer most every where just very low densities. The trick is to get up and glass. You won't see many romping through. Although that is how we got on this buck, but this was a one and a million luck buck. The game and fish website gives good area to check.

post-10542-0-08219700-1379040137_thumb.jpg

Looks like that buck was from 22, this year in some areas have rained up to 20 inches the grass is like 4 feet in areas bucks are bigger than normal do to all the rain .Good luck fun area to hunt

Mountainman99, i know its a hard hunt i had it 8 years ago and took my first buck. Thanks for the information. I was thinking about going scouting thos weekend when i get home.

I hunted that unit archery the last 6 years and big bucks are few and far between. theres actually a lot of deer in the unit but there re people everywhere you go it seems. if you just wanna shoot a deer that wont be hard but if you want a good respectable buck you need to get up high glass glass glass and take the full week off work and be out there.

Thank u guys for the information and i am looking for athe respectable buck but if i cant find one the first few days am just gonna take whatever comes out lol. I have my first born due around then and dont want to miss it.

Not sure if your still checking your post for responses but 21 has some big dogs runn'n around!! If you enter through the Bloody Basin area, get in there and head North and take the advice of the others, Glass, Glass and Glass!